Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Michael

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MisterD

Commander
Red Shirt
Welcome to the Voting Thread of this Novembers Art Challenge wich goes by the theme: "Toy Trek"

The task was as follows: We've seen Marauder Mo, we've seen Toby the Targ, we've seen Flotter...what other kinds of children's toys and characters might exist in the worlds of the Trek galaxy? The Federation's certainly full of room for creativity, but there's a whole galaxy out there, and you never get that sense more than when you're a kid...

Please vote for TWO of our nine fantastic entrys. And click on the thumbnails to watch the art in the intendet size.

@gazomg with: Klingon Meccano
3MG4g3x.jpg

@MisterD with: Klingon Paddle Ball
69Ldxd5.png

@Tosk with: LINK Compound
3ClC3Vq.jpg

@Laura Cynthia Chambers with: The unforseen Event Card: "Extortion"
tbNGWXU.jpg

@Orac with: Electric Robot
rqP6fzy.jpg

@The Lensman with: Solar Explorer Toy Set
CW5bKOl.jpg

@Cyfa with his lifesize(!) Ensign Rutherford Plaything
2e7OhD0.jpg

@Starscape with the "Sandy the Sehlat's Adventures in Logic" Holodeck Program
hM9ZIg2.jpg

and @Michael with: Juniors first real Warpcore
ggm7EMC.jpg

The poll will close in seven days from now. Please remember to vote for TWO entrys.

Thanks to everybody for participating. These are some fine pieces of art. Usually I would say something like "choose wisely". But in this case one could just click two random checkboxes because the phrase "there is no wrong answer" was never so true.

A great batch of pics by all which made it harder to choose from. Ultimately I voted for Cyfa and Michael.

Cyfa's because it's a great idea, with some really funny and clever innuendo that's incorporated well into the layout. The placement of the warning sticker as an example. Well done!:bolian:

Michael's because it's also a great idea, with great execution and there's a lot to appreciate on the technical side and I can see just how much my 3d program is lacking. :lol: Also I like the overall blue tone to the pic. Very relaxing. Well done as well!:techman:

would not seem right to vote when I have an entry in it, but brilliant to see this comp getting popular again with so many entries.

I've entered plenty of these things, and won quite a few, and while I make it a rule to never vote for myself, I have never had a problem voting in any of them. I do recall some members voting for themselves, and while I would not, there's no real harm in it. We're not doing anything that matters, except getting to say "I won" and getting a thingy under our avatars. In the end, just roll with what makes you comfortable, but no one's gonna hold it against you whatever you decide.:bolian:

haha these entries made me laugh, great work:)

The entries we got this month are exceptional, they're all ingenious and fun, also the execution of them all is stellar, wished I could have voted for them all.

I voted for The @Lensman and @Michael, I want that robot AND that ship, it looks like it was made by Shuco. :mallory:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuco_Modell
And Michael's entry is like the old chemistry sets they used to make in the '60's. :mallory:

But again, every entry this time was stellar. :mallory::techman:

Yay! Thanks for the win, guys! Really satisfying to see how much this particular theme spurred our collective creativity.

By the way, for anyone who didn't realize this, my Warp Core playset is actually styled after an actual Atomic Energy Lab kit with real radioactive Uranium that existed in the 1950s. :wtf:

Will start the new contest thread later tonight. The link of which will appear here.

When I saw that entry, the warp core set, I immediately thought about that real world atomic science kit. I wondered, "Was that Michael's inspiration, or merely funky coincidence? If he doesn't know such an item existed, he'll freak when I tell him!"

Okay, it was the first of the two scenarios. In that case, a very clever homage!

Glad you recognized it, @Redfern. I think I saw that years ago and then recently it kind of resurfaced, so it was fresh in my mind when this challenge came up.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! As promised, the new contest is up here.

Sweet! It just looked so real.

BTW, @MisterD, just noticed that the ball is Quark's head. LOL

In my head canon there are many different balls with different motives. All of them represent different species or individuals. I mean....what are violent tendencies even good for if you dont incorporate them into your hand eye coordination training?!

Back