Novelverse Writers: Uniforms in the 2380's?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Ensign Ogahd Ahmganadai, Oct 4, 2017.

1. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was my thought as well. After looking at all the uniforms posted in this thread, I’d say Oddessey are my favorites, but I’d probably never advocate moving anything from STO into the Litverse, so I’m glad non of this matters for the foreseeable future anyway.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like all of these better than the standard duty Odyssey, I just don't really like all black for a Starfleet Uniform.

3. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I’d love for TrekLit to introduce the Galaxy refit for some ships, especially because we have several prominent Galaxy-class ships floating around: USS Robinson, USS Excalibur, USS Trident, and USS Challenger (MIA).

4. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think part of the problem is that those uniforms were explicitly designed with the idea of aging the actors, that they were designed to make the actors appear twenty or thirty years older. So it's like making someone in their thirties wear something designed to be worn by their grandparents, it looks off at best.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know about that, given the only one from TNG's main cast who wears one of those uniforms in AGT was Crusher, everyone else who wore one was young and not pretending to be older.

And if you're wondering about the rest of the TNG cast in the future scenes in AGT, Picard, Data and Geordi were wearing civvies, Riker was wearing a 2370s Admirals uniform, Worf a Klingon outfit.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The "All Good Things"/"Visitor"/"Endgame" uniforms look like really bad homemade Star Trek uniforms.

In "Endgame" it looks like the EMH is going to a convention dressed as Captain Robau.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Robau’s uniform is pretty snazzy.

The Wormhole likes this.
  8. TheAlmanac

TheAlmanac Writer Captain

I don't know...those uniforms came to pass whether or not there was an Enterprise-E or a Dominion War, a living Jadzia Dax or a dead Chakotay. In Doctor Who terms, they may just be a fixed point in time.

There is that...I guess we'll have to wait and see if they're a fixed point in corporate branding. ;)

ATimson and Brefugee like this.
  9. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I believe you are correct.

[​IMG]

Me neither; it seems like a bit of an odd stylistic mash-up. And it just seems weird to me to have that shoulder flap, and not put the rank insignia there. That said, I could *almost* see them as the FC "service dress" uniform, between the regular FC "service" uniform, and the white "full dress" uniform from Insurrection. (In much the same way that I could see the unused Generations uniforms as the "service dress" uniform for the TNG era, with the regular TNG unform as the "service" uniform, and the DS9/Voyager uniform as the "working" uniform.)

I've never played STO, but if I'm reading the website correctly, that's actually the Antares uniform. The Sierra uniform is the one that was used on their box art, IIRC... specifically the Sierra-1.

10. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That image on the right is still from Cryptic's STO, albeit a really early screenshot..

The design did originate from Perpetual's STO though.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ooops, you're right. I was looking at a bunch of different styles, and I apparently forgot to change which address I copied. This is the Sierra uniform. Looking around some more, I actually like Sierra 2 and 5 a bit better than 1.

12. Nakita Akita

Nakita Akita Commodore Commodore

Meh, I guess it's something I just don't notice that much. I think if it looks practical on some level I'm good.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Any uniform would be snazzy when The Robau wears it.

Idran and Markonian like this.
  14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I bet that when Robau wants to score with a girl, he just walks up to her in a snazzy outfit and says "walk with me." And it works all the time.

Idran and Markonian like this.