Not sure if anyone said but will the first ep be over 1 hour or normal 45 minutes?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by IronMaiden, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can sign up for a free week, and watch the second episode that way. ;)

2. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That crossed my mind, but I think I'll wait for the entire season to come out and then try that. Binge it all at once and then cancel. If the offer is still available...

3. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Probably smarter to just wait until the last month of the first season. Pay the 6 dollars or ten if you wish to get a months access and you can then watch the full season, it will be faster then waiting for a home release, and quite a bit cheaper.

The funny thing is that based on reports we are getting production values better then all but the reboot of classic Trek, and roughly two films worth of material for the price of one ten dollar movie ticket.

Now I do know that not all tv viewers will go out to watch the various films. But it isn't like the studio hasn't already pushed trek behind a pay wall for original content before.

One thing I am anxious to see is if it's true that there is only going to be one break between all the episodes. September through November for first half of season and then some point in January to the end of the season, unlike when Trek aired from TNG to ENT when you would get a break for December but you might get 4 or 5 other breaks before the season is over. It will help people save some money for those who wish to subscribe just for when the show is airing each year.

4. LocutusCrusher

LocutusCrusher Lieutenant Red Shirt

From what I can find online, new episodes are releasing on Sundays, not Mondays.

5. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gives me a one day buffer just in case.