Night Court revival

That was sixteen episodes?!? And the present plethora of loose ends is an end-of-season cliffhanger?!?
The season just flew by!! I just checked Wikipedia, to see if I'd missed something.

Last night was a ball game, and so I ended up watching both this and Jeopardy Masters on playback.

That was sixteen episodes?!? And the present plethora of loose ends is an end-of-season cliffhanger?!?
The season just flew by!! I just checked Wikipedia, to see if I'd missed something.

Now imagine a full season that starts in September and ends in May, and is only 6 episodes longer.

Roz!!! The moment I saw the back of her head, I knew it had to be her! Second time in as many months I've have had that reaction about a beloved character returning in a reunion show. :D

The rest of the episode was wonderfully sweet. I loved how the crux of the case was the very essence of who Abby is, even to the point that Dan was moved. This two-parter was this season's best and I can only hope the second season will only get better.

I also hope Roz's return wasn't just a one-off cameo!

Last edited:
While I certainly hope the show gets renewed, it occurred to me that the final moments could work fairly well, not just as a cliffhanger for next season, but as a closing punch line if it really is the end. It works better as a cliffhanger, but if it had to be the end of the series, it would make a decent parting shot.

I'm still lukewarm on Olivia; the one thing I like most is her grudging friendship with Abby. I still thing de Beaufort gives too broad and stagey a performance. It's like she's performing in a musical while everyone else is in a play.

I guess I'd rank the main characters as:

Dan
Gurgs
Abby
Olivia
Neil

"ROZ?!?"

Roz-in-the-New-Night-Court-1.jpg

"FIELDING?!? They made YOU a judge???

Take me back to jail!"

Roz-in-the-New-Night-Court-2.jpg

Back