Nichelle Nichols has died

A ton of Trek actors have paid tribute to her -- but no word from Walter Koenig. Is he doing well? Or perhaps he's not on social media?

It's possible he had a falling out, is not on social media, or is indeed himself not well; in any case, I hope that his wife will let us know why he's not said anything.

Koenig did tweet about Nichols death.

lf2YnpZ.png

What can be added to this chorus of love and achievement that has not already been said. I hesitated coming to the forum, at least until I knew what I would I say.
Ms Nichols was called a trail blazer, but that can't begin to describe this woman extraorinaire or her contribution. In her seminal role as Nyota Uhura, she changed the face of tv.
Envisioned as a background character whom so radiant, so powerful her representative energy cast her presence to the foreground.
Ms Nichols embodied that there are no small parts, first becomeing and then exceeding the potential of her role on Star Trek.
Bringing to glorious life MLK's prophetic vision of the future to unfold. 'Now they see us as we truly are' he said.

What Nichelle gave the world and to all of us here, can never be taken away.

We will miss you always.
The Queen has Risen

Last edited:
I have been so sad since I heard the news. I have been re watching shows from Star Trek and the movies that have her in them more. I really was always amazed by how wonderful a singing voice she had. I don't know the answer to this but does anyone know if she ever did do any singing outside of the show? I also really liked how she did the Fan Dance in The Final Frontier. And I still recall the KISS between her and Kirk. I watched it with my dad when I was just a little kid. She was amazing and so talent and a lot of fun to watch! I am so sorry for your loss all of you who did know her well. To all of us who are sad and miss an amazing Character, I send hugs to us all...

I'm surprised she didn't make sure she was called 'Commander' to reflect her new rank in TMP;) But I can imagine if this came out before TMP, people would be more familiar calling her Lieutenant.

And that poor astronaut, calling her Michelle the whole time....nice of her not to say anything:P

This was such a big shock even though I knew she'd been ill for a while! The sexiest communications officer ever! RIP
JB

I have been so sad since I heard the news. I have been re watching shows from Star Trek and the movies that have her in them more. I really was always amazed by how wonderful a singing voice she had. I don't know the answer to this but does anyone know if she ever did do any singing outside of the show? I also really liked how she did the Fan Dance in The Final Frontier. And I still recall the KISS between her and Kirk. I watched it with my dad when I was just a little kid. She was amazing and so talent and a lot of fun to watch! I am so sorry for your loss all of you who did know her well. To all of us who are sad and miss an amazing Character, I send hugs to us all...
She had a career as a singer, dancer, and actress well before Star Trek. She discusses it in her autobiography, Beyond Uhura.

I've read it and can't recommend it enough.

RIP Nichelle Nichols, a true trailblazer. Her presence outshines all the other women, and most of the men except maybe Kirk, Spock, and Bones on TOS.

What a woman. she was and had everything

Charm
Grace
Class
Beauty
Style
Personality
Presence

Rest in sweet peace.

Only reading this sad news now (I don't structurally read the entire board, but more in a haphazard manner). Ouch!

Back