NHL 2021

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jim Klag, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Jim Klag

Jim Klag Vice Admiral Premium Member

I see the Blackhawks have traded Duncan Keith to the Oilers for Caleb Jones and a draft pick. Edmonton gets better and the Hawks piss me off.

2. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Oilers really screwed the pooch on this one. They were the only team bidding and didn't manage to get the Hawks to retain any salary nor did they get the Hawks to throw in anything to sweeten the deal.

If I'm a Hawks fans, I'm sad to see him go because of what he has done for the franchise, but this is a huge win for them.

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Annoyed by inappropriate use of the word "Need"
  4. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

The trades have begun.

Philadelphia trades D Shayne Gostisbehere to Arizona for future considerations, including two 2022 draft picks.

Carolina trades G Alex Nedeljkovic to Detroit for G Jonathan Bernier and a 2021 third round pick.

Seattle trades F Tyler Pitlick to Calgary for a 2022 fourth round pick.

5. Garak

Garak I'd Like to Speak to T'Bonz Premium Member

I see this as a win for Chicago, they dump that contract in a flat cap era. Keith is old, he's not the player he used to be

6. Garak

Garak I'd Like to Speak to T'Bonz Premium Member

So Seattle must have something under their sleeve because you could make a better team with the players they didn't pick up in the expansion draft than the ones they picked

Jared McCann is their #1 center.....some real headscratching picks at forward, lot of depth guys

Their defense is deep but not spectacular

Goaltending is ok

I get that it's important to have a ton of cap space but I think they could have a better team than they picked and still have plenty of cap space

7. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Picks aside, the expansion draft show was painfully bad. The only redeeming part was Kevin Weekes.