NFL Offseason Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Mar 5, 2010.

1. scottydog

scottydog Admiral Admiral

I hope Big Ben is innocent of sexual assault in the 2 cases pending against him.

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Think he'll learn to stay out of bars and away from stupid teenage girls?

3. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not Ben's fault, these girls pretty much sexually assault themselves!

Seriously though, even if he's not a rapist, he's a total dumbfuck. Glad I never liked him.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^Which is why I said "stupid" teenage girls. They're most likely after the money rather than trying to get him locked up.

I never liked him much either, but he's got a target painted on him and he's gotta act smarter, even if he isn't smart.

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Link

NFL adopts new playoff overtime rule. If you only score a field goal, you have to kick off to the other team now.

6. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Not quite what I imagine as the ideal overtime, but it's a step in the right direction. Just wish they had applied it to the regular season as well.

7. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't believe that idiotic thing passed. What a dumb rule.

What's next. Oh, uh you know get 5 downs in the postseason, or something else ridiculous.

Was anyone actually in favor of that?

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just make is so that if the score is tied at the end of a game, both teams are awarded a loss. In the playoffs make them play two ten minute periods with a kickoff at the beginning of each. Done and done. This new system sounds a little stupid, and I thought it was fine the way it was.

9. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, five downs for the team that is currently losing. :techman:

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

McNabb traded to the Skins?

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

McNabb to Redskins for the 37th pick in 2010 and either a third or fourth round pick in 2011.

What exactly were the Eagles thinking trading him to a division rival?

12. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Great for the Skins, WTF for the Eagles.

I don't follow the Skins closely enough to know whether Jason Campbell was actually a bad QB or bad because he had no support but he probably needs a change of scenery to succeed at this point.

As for the Eagles, I hope they have something planned at QB because I'm pretty sure Kolb isn't going to cut it if they want to be better than 5-11. Unless they have some big trade planned, the best they can hope for is Kolb gets used to the system quickly (still not sure what "emergence" ESPN.com is referring to) or a bigtime Vick revival (not bloody likely).

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

That was fucking dumb. Kolb looked decent sometimes and not so much others. Either way, he's clearly not McNabb. And, either way, there's no way you should trade any pro bowl player to a division rival.

God the whole thing is stupid. Slightly better for the Redskins, although I assume he's only staying for one year.

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

And the 49ers let another QB go away in order to put their trust in Alex Smith? :rolleyes:

Why is York so afraid to make moves newsworthy and which might be in the best interest of the team as well as PR for fans.

15. pork3

pork3 Commander

More than happy with this trade, as this puts an end to that trade rumor with the Raiders.

Now, unless old Al Davis drafts a quaterback, you can rest assured that with Jamarcus Russell at the helm, they'll continue in their mediocrity. Hence ensuring a good position for their 2011 first round draft pick we acquired from them in the Seymour trade :)

-Jamman

16. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

First Houston becomes Denver South by bringing in a lot of Denver coachs, now Washington becomes Denver/Houston East by bring in coaches (and former coaches) from both teams. :lol:

I'll be keeping an eye on Washington this year, not only because they are on the Texans schedule, but because little Shanny is now their OC. Washington took another of Houston's coachs as well, but it was a positional coach and I can't remember which one.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yes. :lol:

As a Redskins fan...I want to be happy...but not sure how this will work out for the 'Skins. Hopefully a trip to the Superbowl...but I am not holding my breath. :shrug:

19. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

The Washington Redskins, offseason champs for the 5th straight year...

20. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

And that leads to what on the field exactly? ;)