NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Annnnnnnd he's out of there.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/12/ed-reed-out-in-houston/

2. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Yep. Reed is gone from the Texans. He'll probably show back up in a few weeks in a Patriot uniform and kick our ass. :lol:

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

a real possibility. Know Belichick is a fan, and if he comes in on short money, why not? Pats have had injuries at Safety recently, so pretty obvious spot open...

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Three teams in one season for a QB has got to be a record of some sort. I suspect it's happened for other positions, but not one as complex as QB where you can get thrown into an offense you're not familiar with and pull a Josh Freeman.

Actually, Brady Quinn's on this third team this season too, although one was only preseason.

Show's how hard up this league is for the position since they can't even find 32 worthy starting QBs.

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Definitely has happened at WR; Randy Moss went from New England to Minnesota to Tennessee in 2010.

6. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5 days and no posts, is this season that boring? :confused:

I realize the Ravens are having a crappy season, but that's no reason to lose interest in the NFL. ;)

7. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

For fuck's sake, there's tornados in fucking Chicago? I'm switching to another game...

8. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I'm being forced to watch the Eagles/Redskins game because I live in southeastern Virginia. It is 24 to 0 in the middle of the third quarter and I'm praying they switch over to a more competitive game. That Lions/Steelers game looks good maybe I'll get that one.

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

It was pretty scary for about a 45-minute stretch, yes.

While Chicago and the immediate vicinity survived major damage, some other areas of Illinois were not so lucky. Washington, IL (about 150 miles southwest of Chicago, near Peoria), a town of about 10,000 people, was wrecked:

[​IMG]

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did your wish get granted? I had the Eagles game too and they switched the the Lions game.

11. Use of Time

Really? No, I'm still stuck with the Skins/Eagles in the fourth quarter. Griffin can't even complete screen passes anymore. I'm ready to stab my eyes out. Where do you live?

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Do you want to update your thoughts on whether that game was boring?

Jesus, what happened to the Eagles' defense?

13. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Wow, the Texans really suck big time. They fell apart this season at light speed. I don't understand how Kubiak still has a job.

14. Use of Time

I guess. Griffin looked awful though. That game could have been different had he not been so dreadfully inaccurate. I'm a Cowboys fan so I was forced to root for the Skins today.

15. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Has Ed Reed commented yet on how his new team was outplayed and outcoached? ;)

16. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, that sucks

Being a Cowboys fan and all :p

17. Use of Time

I'm a masochist. :borg:

18. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Dammit Ravens.

19. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

What's the deal with these Coach T Toyota promos on SNF? The first two or three times it was a funny gag, but they just keep replaying the same ones every week. I thought the halftime "sponsored" ads from a few years ago where they did highlights from a pop warner game were cool, and those were new every week. Toyota really mailed it in this year, though.

If I'm going to be advertised to during live events, at least give me something new to look at. This is why people fast forward through commercials on the DVR.

20. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That 49ers pissed me off today for four reasons:

1) I'm starting to question Jim Harbaugh's decision making. What was he doing challenging that touchdown ruled incomplete in the second quarter with ONE TIME OUT LEFT? Doesn't he know the rule, that you must complete the process of the catch in order for it to count as a TD? Just ask Calvin Johnson, that has happened to him probably more than any other reciever in the NFL. Not only that, but you squandered your timeouts in the first quarter, you only had one left with 8 minutes, and you decide to challenge?

2) I saw a game last week with the Saints and Brees looked to be sacked high and low and both times roughing the passer was called. You might as well stick a flag on the QB because you're apparently not allowed to hit him anymore. That protect Brees like there is no tomorrow in this league and it's frustrating as hell. That was a good tackle, even if it was forceful. The whole neck thing is just following Newton's laws of physics. Let the defenders play for crying out loud.

3) I'm actually starting to find the 49ers boring. Kaepernick looks lost, the recievers are doing nothing, and the play calling leaves something to be desired. Where's the flash, the creativity. You have Kaepernick trying to act like Payton Manning (Thus why all the timeouts are used early) when he should act like Colin Kaepernick, and the play calling reminds me of some of the coordinators that the 49ers fired. You don't want to use the read option? Fine, game plan something else that is better than what they have been doing.

4) That idiot 49er who tackled Sproles after he signaled fair catch really ticked me off. Ok, you didn't see it, but HE WAS GIVING HIMSELF UP. At that time of the game is not the time to have a freaking brain fart.

I'm not even sure if the 49ers will make the playoffs now. They don't look like a playoff team, and the division is now far out of reach. With the Cards winning, Carolina keeping on winning, and the 49ers playing like ****, I think we can kiss Super Bowl hopes away. The game was close today, but it was still a joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.