NFL 2022: The Fall of the "Immunized" Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by BlueStuff, Mar 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Don't you hate it when they come back from a commercial break (or the commenters rambling on about something unrelated to the game), and we just missed a big play?

2. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The price we pay for the owners to build those new stadiums on their own "dimes". :guffaw:

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Mahomes is rattled.

4. BillJ

If I’m Denver, I take a hard look at Lou Anarumo for Head Coach. He definitely has Mahomes number.

5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Ossai injures himself committing the game-losing penalty.

:lol:

Adios Bengals.

6. ashleytinger

ashleytinger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is it me or have the refs been pretty terrible in both games today?

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  7. BillJ

There was a big missed call in the first game, other than that, the refs seemed to be decent enough in that game. The AFC refs were rough.

1001001 likes this.
  8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I can’t believe after a close game like that the difference was a pointless late hit.

BillJ likes this.
  9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

He was sobbing on the sidelines. Never moved from the bench.

10. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

Hand was definitely on the scale in the Bengals game.

Thestral likes this.
  11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

As a 49ers fan, the NFC game sucked. As a 49ers fan and Football fan, I think we were robbed of the game we should have had. Once Purdy went down, the game was pretty much over, especially since Josh Johnson proved that what Purdy was doing before today was no fluke. I also saw that it is a UCL injury and it might lead to a Tommy John issue. That is such a disappointing end for a cinderella type season but I hope he comes back better than ever. Hopefully it's not Tommy John and with a boosted up OLine, and an offseason of building the arm strength, I do feel good about Purdy being the QB. If it is a Tommy John, I hope Lance shows something big because I'm really close to moving away from the Trey Lance experiment. I also don't want to see a same issue as last year with Jimmy and will he or won't he be traded.

12. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

That do-over the Chiefs was was utter nonsense. Even if nothing came of it Zac Taylor had every right to be livid (and it did give them a fresh set of friends after a really soft PI call). Between that and ignoring the Burrow hit (but we can't let anything happen to Bra...Mahomes!) it did feel like there was a little bit of weight on one side of the scales. Makes a better story to have the Reid Bowl and Kelce Bowl, plus making for more of a real Chiefs/Bengals rivalry.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    BillJ likes this.
  13. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I'm not a fan of any of the four teams that played yesterday, but I felt a lot of the calls were bad. Certainly a lot of stuff they let go other Sundays.

I'm also not in the "is teh rigged!!!" group, but there's nothing like some shitty, one-sided reffing to keep that mindset alive.

Certainly the Niners were doomed when Purdy went out, and they still would've had a hard time keeping up once the Eagles started scoring.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Chargers hire Kellen Moore as OC less than 24 hours after the Cowboys let him go.

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't blame the refs for the Catch call from Smith. 49ers should have challenged. However, like you said the game was over when Purdy got hurt. It was kind of a sad quarter too because Warner was almost seriously hurt and Bosa was kicked on the sidelines. It was one of the most unluckiest quarters I've seen from this team and then the floodgates just opened.

16. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

The zebras have been shit for years. There were a couple of seasons where there were referee lockouts (2012, 2015), when the regulars were replaced with scabs. The calls were particularly egregious in those years, but even after 2015, the regulars seemed to continue this disastrous trend with a plethora of bad calls that even a blind person could see were bogus. Calls that sometimes drastically changed the outcome of a critical game. My particular favorite one to despise right now is Shawn Hochuli. He really takes the cake when it comes to bad calls. His father, Ed, he most certainly is not.

As for corrupt officiation, there is a long and documented history of such corruption. This is not some fringe conspiracy theory thing that armchair quarterbacks lament over, but a wide-spread epidemic that undermines the integrity of nearly every major sports organization in existence.
    Just because we want something to be so, does not make it so, particularly in light of overwhelming supporting evidence to the contrary.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  17. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

It's hilarious watching Lebron react to the bad call in the Celtics game.

LeFlop has been getting the benefit of the doubt ten times a game for years just for being LeBron. Just once, he doesn't get a call, and it's like they killed his puppy.

Referees are human though, nothing is ever going to make referees perfect. All we can do is improve the systems in place to fix it when they mess up.

18. Ar-Pharazon

There seems to be a lot more complaining about worsening refs/umps across all sports in recent years. Definitely there have been bad calls as long as there has been sports, but it does seem to be getting worse. I see it in baseball and football, as those are the sports I watch.

Maybe it's more noticeable thanks to HD TV?

137th Gebirg likes this.
  19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Entirely possible, yes.

20. Ar-Pharazon

So, way more than a shot to the "funny bone".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.