News Next Arrowverse Crossover to Include Batwoman

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, May 17, 2018.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, that's not a character I would have expected to see.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It ties in, though, since Psycho-Pirate was the one person who remembered the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's looking clearer than ever that The Flash is building toward that as at least a possible future. Although since this season's arc on The Flash is connected to the characters' attempt to prevent Barry's future disappearance, maybe that means they'll prevent the Crisis from happening.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, I didn't know about Psycho Pirate's connection CoIE.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I'm not so sure if they're going to avoid the Crisis all together or just move it up to a closer date. It would make sense as it's doubtful all these shows will still be on the air in 2024. I believe that I've read that next year is the last year in Stephen Amell's contract. if they're going to do it, then next year would be the time to do it.

In a way, it would make sense for the Crisis to be moved up. Barry became the Flash many years sooner than he was supposed to as well. Maybe there's some domino effect that hasn't kicked in yet.

And I strongly doubt that they would destroy all the other Earth's in favor of placing all the shows on the same Earth. the Arrowverse Crisis should be about saving the Multiverse rather than getting rid of it.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

8. Christopher

Exactly what I'm thinking. We've already seen The Flash use time travel to justify a change from the usual DC continuity: in the comics, Cicada is David Hersch, but Nora's time travel caused someone else to become Cicada instead, even though he's been David Hersch on 37 other Earths. So they could do the same thing with the Crisis -- it's what would've happened in the original timeline, but the show's time travels would prevent it from happening in the Arrowverse. That might even be what happens in the "Elseworlds" crossover, given the inclusion of the Monitor and Psycho-Pirate.

Maybe, but I suspect they're just shooting second-unit stuff or stock footage for establishing shots or background plates, rather than actually flying the actors out there. With modern digital matte techniques, it's pretty easy to composite actors filmed in one city into background plates filmed in a different city. It happens all the time without viewers noticing, because it's so seamless.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Will the next casting announcement be for Pariah? ;)

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  10. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hearing about all this Multiverse stuff, especially Psycho-Pirate, makes me wish we were getting a version of Power Girl at some point. But, knowing the arrowverse, "Power Girl" would just be Benoist in a version of the New 52 Power Girl's costume and be pretty much indistinguishable from Supergirl personality wise. Plus, I don't think earth 2 in the Arrowverse has any Kryptonians at all, and no real superheroes besides Jesse Quick (unless she's dead, which is entirely possible since I skipped the last season of The Flash).

Still, Psycho-Pirate without PG or the real JSA just feels like a missed opportunity, although an unavoidable one unless the actual JSA is introduced from some other Earth eventually.

11. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Maybe the stargirl show will deal with a version of the JSA......

12. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Geoff Johns said the JSA will show up on the show.

13. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe next year's big crossover will be 'Crisis on Infinite Earths'? It would probably encompass Arrow, Legends, Flash, Supergirl & Batwoman (and possible Black Lightning) and presumably feature Superman, the Ray & Vixen as well.

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  14. dahj

Every year they say they wanna do something smaller, and then they go and do something insane, so next year I hope they actually do something smaller... ;)

15. Christopher

I hope not, because that would make three multiverse-based crossovers in a row. What I'm hoping, as I said above, is that "Elseworlds" is the story where they successfully prevent the Crisis slated for 2024 and resolve that thread once and for all. It's already shaping up to be pretty CoIE-like, with the Monitor, multiple timelines interacting, etc., so doing the same thing next year only more so would be pretty redundant.

Besides, there are occasional rumblings about this season being Arrow's last, so I can see them wanting to do the Arrowverse equivalent of the Crisis while the title show of the franchise is still around.

16. dahj

A look at GCPD in the crossover:

[​IMG]

17. dahj

Also, Wayne Enterprises...

... or what's left of it.

[​IMG]

18. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So are these shots from Chicago???

19. dahj

I think so.

Not entirely sure because you can't photograph wind. ;)

Tuskin38 likes this.
  20. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral