News coming 8/10?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by dinzy, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Star Track > Start Trek

somebuddyX and m.lp.ql.m like this.
  2. m.lp.ql.m

m.lp.ql.m Commander Red Shirt

Start Wreck > Star Track

3. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I could also be wrong, but I feel like the 1031 is too obvious of a give-away. Bryan Fuller has teased and been coy about whether or not previous actors -- from the 24th Century series -- would appear.

I'm guessing the ship is from the 23rd Century but it won't be set then. It'll be an older ship.

Yup, I'm prepared to be wrong too.

somebuddyX likes this.
  4. Crazyewok

Crazyewok Vice Admiral Admiral

They could bring tuvok in easy enough. Michael Dorn could make a appearance like he did in ST6 as one of his ancestors.

5. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Brent Spiner also managed to show up in Enterprise. And thanks to my therapy sessions I'm not sure whether any TNG actors appeared in the finale.

6. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I'm trying to remember. Baby dies, Robocops defeated, Archer makes a big speech and after that I think my TV melted so nothing else must have happened. There was something about Riker and a chef, but I think that was an SNL special.

7. dinzy

dinzy Captain Captain

Drinking Jippers on a beach somewhere in MD
    He is in the show Outcast now and doesn't look like he has aged a day since then. I think he slimmed down a bit since the TNG movies. He could very easily play a believable Data. Not that it is very likely. I recall him saying he couldn't pull it off much longer in the past due to aging, but I think he takes good enough care of himself to still be able to play that role.

8. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I disagree. He wasn't even managing it in 2002. That make-up really brings out the old in his skin.

9. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Never understood this whole "to old for Data" thing. Just explain it away with some technobabble and Data wanting to experience aging along with the others. Aging Chip / Programm...whatever. This is Star Trek after all.

10. mdtauk

mdtauk Captain Captain

Aged appearance could be easily explained away, but if this series is set in an era before Data was even built, then that is more tricky.

11. Visitor1982

Visitor1982 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Didn't Data say in the TNG pilot Encounter at Farpoint that he does age physically, to mimic humans?

12. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Not that I recall. Pretty sure it wasn't until season 7 that they bothered to make an excuse for his visual age.

Visitor1982 likes this.
  13. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

My memory is hazy, but I think it's when they found the 'Wife of Soong' model and they made a passing comment on her having the same ageing programming as Data has. Nice and brief, no technononsense required (thankfully!)

It just depends how it's done. An older Data might seem awkward and they still need to come up with a non-comic/book version of why he's even there in the first place. But it worked for Arnie in Terminator - sure it got a few digs, but it made sense in the context of the story on screen.

Anythings possible - but I think they'd want, and hope they'd want, a clean slate to work with.

Visitor1982 likes this.
  14. locborg

locborg Commander Red Shirt

Does anyone know the exact start time of tomorrows CBS TCA panel? Will this be streamed live?

15. locborg

Ok got some Infos on this
    Expect no live stream though

------------------------------
    CBS TCA PANELS @ The Beverly Hilton Hotel

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10, 4:30-5:15PM PDT
    CBS ALL ACCESS PANEL:

Marc DeBevoise, President and Chief Operating Officer, CBS Interactive

Bryan Fuller, Executive Producer, “Star Trek: Discovery”

@StarTrekCBS
    #CBSAllAccess
    #StarTrekDiscovery
    -------------------------------

jamestyler likes this.
  16. Zonker

Zonker Commander Red Shirt

What sort of info are we expecting to get here? I'd guess the setting and premise but what about characters and casting info? Is it too early for that sort of thing?

17. locborg

I dont expect full casting info yet. They will most likely present the main cast once all paperwork has been done. Its quite likely that not every main cast member has finalized his contract yet.
    Don't care though; i am excited for the premise. If we can trust that AICN article they will spoiler quite a lot about the actual shows setting (e.g. timeframe, crew size, villains...)

18. SpaceLama

SpaceLama Commander Red Shirt

I thought they were going to give more info out at Star Trek: Las Vegas, but I justed looked it up, and it happened days ago (I'm not up on convention dates and stuff). So, hopefully we will start to hear about casting and stuff soon.

19. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

20. Rahul

Rahul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the Borg queen tried to seduce Data with giving him "human skin". There's no reason not to assume they managed to give Data a more human skin, which would instantly explain his "changed appereance" as well.