New Wii Star Trek Game: Star Trek - Conquest?

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Kadratis, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Adagio

Adagio Captain Captain

Dude, what are you trying to say?

2. dark angel_707

dark angel_707 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mad Doc and Bethesda both screwed it up as Bethesda wanted the game out for christmas ready or not

3. Cmndr J Crichton

Cmndr J Crichton Commodore Commodore

The WiiMote is perfect for phaser combat. I wonder if it has first person levels as well as ship combat?

4. Virogen

Virogen Captain Captain

I tried contacting Bethesda for info, but they said they have not officially announced any games yet and to contact them later when they do.

5. CaptainHawk1

CaptainHawk1 Commodore

Bethesda should be put out of business for how bad both Encounters and Legacy are. Knowing this game is coming out for the Wii just furthers my commitment for getting a PS3.

-Shawn :borg:

6. ChooseSlack

ChooseSlack Ensign Red Shirt

Weird, couldn't find anything on IGN.Com, but I did find this here on Gamefly.com

7. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bethesda didn't develop either of those games and I just don't understand why people say Legacy was bad, I really enjoyed it. It needed about 6 more moths of development, but it was pretty solid (I would give it a 7.5 out of 10), especially when you got to the TNG missions. I would love to see a sequel with a longer development time.

Besides, Bethesda is easily one of the greatest North American developers, Oblivion is an amazing game and Fallout 3 looks to be just as good.

8. Adagio

Adagio Captain Captain

Well, to be fair, Star Trek: Encounters isn't so bad now that it's down to US$10.00

9. CommodoreKong

Yeah I bought it at my local Walmart a few weeks ago because it was $10. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

10. CommodoreKong

Kotaku has some info on this game. It's coming out this holiday season for both the Wii ($30) and PS2 ($20) and is going to be a turn based strategy game with real time starship combat.
    Edit: The official site has a few pictures Kotaku doesn't, but they are from the PS2 version.
    http://startrek.bethsoft.com/games/conquest-overview.html

11. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

They'll have it for the PS2 as well? Awsome for those of us who haven't moved on to the next gen consoles yet ... ;)

And of course it will probably suck.

12. dark angel_707

poor missions,
    crap AI
    buggy
    rushed out by the order of the publishers

it did more development time, thats why it was not great but if you like it then :thumbsup:

edit: I mean for the wii game
    also it turns out Bethesda Softworks are the developers

13. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

I thought Legacy was an ok game, it was just very buggy towards the end. I remember tractoring a borg cube just as a sign of desperation on the last mission, and it flew off into the distance without stopping. Made me laugh though.

Graphics and gameplay were fairly solid, but I played on the 360 which seems to be the good version.

14. RookieBatman

RookieBatman Commodore Commodore

I can now be interested in this game if it's also for PS2. It doesn't really sound like the best game ever, but it could be fairly entertaining.

15. CommodoreKong

I also played the 360 version, which by all accounts is better then the PC version.
    A few of the missions were bad (the Kirk one where you have to go around scanning stuff in a Klingon ship and the first TNG mission), but on the whole I enjoyed the missions, especially the TNG ones. I also don't really remember having problems with the AI or encountering any bugs, so maybe I was lucky.

Really Legacy was a good solid base to build a sequel (and like I said I think it's only a 7.5/10 game). If the developers are given enough time to develop a sequel and aren't forced to release it by a certain date I do think a sequel could be much better.

According to this forum post from a Bethesda employee 4JStudios (post number 4), who developed Encounters for the PS2, and the PS3 port of Oblivion, will be developing this game.

16. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

Well this is out of nowhere. Cool.

Sounds like it could be interesting. Encounters was a fun little game. This should be too.

17. dark angel_707

in Legacy (360), I found the AI very bad, you try to get a ship to warp away so you can repair it and sometimes it would not do that (if switch ships) and it sometimes attacks an enemy ship instead.

Also the level where you have to steal the bird of prey, I would one ship running back to the starbase with it and the other ships covering it from enemy ships but as the computer can't repair itself with friendly ships I would have switch ships to do the repairs but the ship with the BOP would turn around and attack ships when it was told to go to the starbase

18. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Sounds very similar to Birth of the Federation! Yay!

19. RookieBatman

RookieBatman Commodore Commodore

Except without the cross-generational thing, though, which would've been fun. I guess this'll be more streamlined, though.

20. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

I'm surprised they're still developing games for last generation consoles yet. Usually everybody jumps on the new bandwagon. Since I don't own either console I won't get to play it. I just want a decent new Star Trek computer game. Legacy wasn't terrible, but it has no replay value. I beat it once and have no more interest in it. Unlike Bridge Commander which I play everyday, just about.