New Trek BBS: READ ME FIRST

AntonyF

Official Tahmoh Taster
Rear Admiral
Hi all, and welcome (after many hints over the years) at XenForo! This gives us fast, modern, mobile-friendly software with lots of new features - and it means we'll benefit from updates from the developers.

THIS SITE IS IN BETA
I consider Trek BBS in beta - we have things to work on and undoubtedly fix, so please be patient. There will undoubtedly be tweaks going on over the next few days and weeks.

LOGGING IN
You can login via your username or your email address. Please note if you had a comma in your name before, the comma has been removed.

TNZ
If you want to to use TNZ, you need to re-opt in. Please visit your preferences page and select the relevant option. It may take a couple of hours for access to be granted.

Ranks vs titles
The permissions structure has been simplified, and you will be put into a category (with a banner by your name) that reflects your lounge access. User titles are separate. We may look at refining the naming at another point.

They are smaller, and while animated on your profile are not animated in the forum. I will look to enhance avatars at a later date, without upsetting the overall design of the forum. This will require server changes, so will not be actioned just yet - so please no feedback on avatar sizes/animation.

Themes
Old gray is available in addition to the default - select it from the bottom left hand corner. There are some rough edges, with some colours that are not ideal for readability. these will be ironed out. Please, no feedback on issues with that theme before they are ironed out.

Issues/questions
Please post them in the beta feedback forum. See if a thread already exists. Please give as much detail as possible - with screenshots if applicable. Please keep threads on topic, so that I can review and respond accordingly.

Last edited:
Back