New Original Series USS Enterprise

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by scifieric, Oct 13, 2019.

1. scifieric

scifieric Commander Red Shirt

Thanks! I'll let you know if/when I finish.

2. trynda1701

trynda1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Because of the random order they did TOS-R in, the good shots get compromised by the early shots when you watch the series in order. Never understood why they chose to do that.:shrug:

Although I'd like to have seen what the team that did the Defiant from "In A Mirror, Darkly" would have done for TOS-R, I think the effects for "The Tressaurian Intersection" of the USS Exeter were what I thought CBS Digital were going to try and aim for. Those effects just complemented the look of a 60s episode perfectly.

Looking forward to see what you come up with. :)

3. scifieric

I'm trying to remember. I read why they did episodes in what order, it might have been something like either the number of effects per episode, or perhaps it was popularity (most popular first). I can't remember.
    The "In A Mirror, Darkly" used an all digital starship. "The Tressaurian Intersection" was good, but they would have had to recreate all the models from the original series. Not impossible, but I think no matter who did the job would probably go all digital.
    Thanks!

4. trynda1701

trynda1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On yeah, knew that (they'd been all digital since perhaps later DS9, definitely since Voyager?). It was just the effects of the Defiant by Eden FX were just so well done, showing the Grand Lady of Starfleet strutting her stuff when she escaped the Tholian drydock, and then decimated the Terran rebel fleet! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Would loved to have seen their take on TOS-R!

scifieric likes this.
  5. Tallguy

Tallguy Commodore Commodore

This week's Inglorious Treksperts podcast had a conversation with Dave Rossi, the fellow who ran TOS-R. 13 years on, you get some different opinions since the time it came out. Interesting evolution on who was approached and how CBS Digital wound up getting the gig and who thought what about what the goals were. My takeaway: It could have been so much worse.

OTOH, Dave has got to stop saying there were 14 shots of the original Enterprise. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to find out how many shots there were. ;)

6. scifieric

I agree! It would have been interesting.
    Yeah, who WAS that lunatic? ;) LOL!

7. fireproof78

fireproof78 Admiral Admiral

I would enjoy that.

Irishman and scifieric like this.
  8. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Epic!

scifieric likes this.
  9. scifieric

Thank you! I will keep everyone here apprised!