News New Looney Tunes from Warner Brothers animation

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Turtletrekker, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Cutie McWhiskers

Cutie McWhiskers Commodore Commodore

Wow, first rate re-scoring of the theme music! :bolian: Incidental music is rock solid, too. The animation looks flawless, definitely lacks the issues 35mm filming would incur but feels germane to the lore and, even more (positively) striking, the time period in which the golden age of Bugs Bunny cartoons were made in. Nothing feels forced or contrived. In a word, it feels... authentic. Kudos. :luvlove:

Random_Spock likes this.
  2. Cutie McWhiskers

Cutie McWhiskers Commodore Commodore

Do we want them to know? :devil:

3. Redfern

Redfern Commodore Commodore

As a wee tyke, I associated a scythe as being that "thing" the Grim Reaper carried long before I learned it was a farming tool...and I'm 56. I don't think I saw a scythe outside of that metaphorical context until I moved to southern Georgia in 1977 when I got to see farms for the first time.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think people who don't know a scythe by name would still be able to tell it was a sharp bladed weapon, so the point (no pun intended) would still get across.

5. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess I should have added an emoticon there, as some of you apparently didn't realize I was kidding.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Sometimes what you think is a silly question may turn out to have a serious answer, and that's not a bad thing because you can discover things you didn't expect.

Indeed, I was thinking the same as Redfern -- my main referent for the idea of a scythe is probably the Grim Reaper image. I'm not sure when I learned what they're really for (farm implements, right?).

7. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

Yes I had farmland/Old West Playmobil figures that came with scythes.

Kor

8. comics1996

comics1996 Ensign Red Shirt

I wish they would have Elmer with a gun and bugs using something else beside dynamite. For a person in their early 20's I don't think that humour has changed that much. Heck just look up videos kids response to loony tunes cartoons.

9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, the Grim Reaper image is how I've come to associate the Scythe. I probably wouldn't have known it was even farming related if it weren't for depictions of it being used on TV.