News New Gorn Mask

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by AutoAdmin, Mar 4, 2019.

1. AutoAdmin

AutoAdmin Machine of Death Administrator

A new news article has been published at TrekToday:

Halloween may be more than half a year away, but it’s never too early to be thinking of this year’s costume. Trick...

Continue reading...

2. Kilana2

Kilana2 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is Fasching in Germany at the moment (carnival). The Gorn mask is the right thing for @StefanM or @rhubarbodendron to wear.
    As to me: I prefer my Ferengi in a Gorilla costume....:D

3. uniderth

uniderth Commodore Commodore

As long as it doesn't blink I'll be happy.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  4. Redfern

Redfern Commodore Commodore

Accessed the online store where it can pre-ordered. There are some nearly profile views there. Looks pretty darn close. Arguably closer than the version that's been advertised for the last several years. (It was used when MythBusrers tested the bamboo cannon depicted in "Arena".) The general shape and ol9ve hues more closely match Wah Chang's original design.

Of course, what was photograph was likely a "showcase" edition meant to entice the buyer. I'd prefer to see a "production run" item before committing. I also wonder how thick is the rubber? Will it maintain its shape or will the extended jaw possibly deform under its own weight? I've seen some elaborate dragon masks that hold their shape quite well, but that does not guarantee this product will do the same.

It certainly looks promising, but I'm taking that proverbial "grain of salt".

5. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

$50, but they won't let me wear it at work. I don't think so.

6. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aww, too late - I wore a black and gold Sari at work today. But maybe next year..

Kilana2 likes this.