New Animated Show: Star Wars: Forces of Destiny

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Reverend, Apr 13, 2017.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Need?

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

She was in the right vent in Cloud City at the right time. I wonder if she took Luke's severed hand too?

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it weird that you guys are kind of making me want either a comic miniseries or a novel that follows the history of the Skywalker lightsaber?

4. The Wormhole

Wouldn't be all that exciting. We already have seen plenty of its adventures throughout TCW and ROTS, then it just sat in a trunk on Tatooine for the next eighteen years until Obi-Wan gave it to Luke. Then he has adventures with it as seen in ANH and ESB, and I guess various adventures between the movies which are already being covered in Story Group-approved novels and comics. Then his hand gets chopped off, it and the lightsabre fall down a vent on Cloud City. Perhaps there's a story to tell about how Maz obtained it, but once she did she tossed it into another trunk in her castle's basement until Rey found it.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I don't imagine there's all that much to how Maz got a hold of it. Clearly from the other items in that room she has a thing for curios, antiques and relics and since all types come to her castle it's not hard to imagine how she cultivates contacts for acquiring such items. Indeed it's possible this story has already been told (Luke's Lightsaber is certainly a candidate for the contents of that box, though Vader's helmet seems like a better fit.)

6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Allegedly the original opening of TFA had the sabre (and hand) floating through space.

That makes no logical sense.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well, for a given value of "original". From what I gather the development of TFA was almost as iterative as ANH. It seems in TFA and RO both, a fair amount of brainstorming was done with concept art first and reverse engineering a story backwards from what they thought would look cool. And yeah, the hand and the sabre was one of those images that made it into the early drafts as at that stage, the sabre itself was thought to be the McGuffin.

So far as I'm aware they never bothered to come up with a reason how or why the hand would have ended up in Jakku's orbit and I suspect at least some of the reason for changing the focus to the map was because there really isn't a very good explanation for that.
    At least not one that wouldn't unnecessarily complicate the plot. With a little imagination would could easily come up with a number of ways it could have gotten there, but that's not the story they should be telling. By switching focus to the map, giving the sabre to Maz and having it not show up until mid-way through, it's presence is more symbolic than anything and so it doesn't really matter how it got there.

8. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tracker Trouble starring Rey, Han, Finn, Chewie and BB-8 during TFA.

10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

"Tracker Trouble" is fun...even if it's blatantly obvious that's not Harrison Ford.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The guy that does the audiobooks does a much better Harrison Ford impersonation.

Side note: is this the first time we've seen the Falcon's port airlock?

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Both of the new episodes were good.
    It's a shame they couldn't get Harrison Ford to do this, he's the only surviving original actor not to voice their character in it.

13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still amazed they got him for Lego Force Awakens

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was a huge surprise.

15. The Nth Doctor

"Teach You, I Will."

16. The Nth Doctor

"The Starfighter Stunt."

...or "R2-D2 Doesn't Approve of Improvising."

17. The Wormhole

Seems silly Padme has her own silver fighter. I realize it was done for the benefit of the audience, so we can tell the difference between her and Ahsoka, but in universe, "a silver fighter? Aren't all Naboo fighters yellow? You don't suppose this is someone special, huh?"

18. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Perhaps one like the one she flew in AOTC? ed - Nope, that was yellow.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well the N1's all have silver noses, so presumably this is what they all look like unpainted. If I had to guess, the yellow markings are for the Naboo Royal Guard while all silver is for Royal government officials (hence this, this, this and this.)

Also, they weren't trying to be stealthy. It was a practice flight and wherever they were, it was somewhere they didn't even remotely expect to run into separatists. The yellow fighter she flew in AotC was specifically meant to be a disguise.

fireproof78 and Tuskin38 like this.
  20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's always great to see Yoda, and I like getting story that deals with Ahsoka's change in saber style partway through TCW. It always kind of bugged me that they never acknowledged the changes made to Ahsoka between two of the seasons of TCW.
    That was pretty fun. I don't think we saw much 1 on 1 interaction between Ahsoka and Padme during TCW.