New animated show announced... Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Booji, Apr 26, 2018.

1. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

They've likely recorded most - if not all - of Season 1 by now, so Leia getting recast just isn't happening, piss-poor judgment on the actreess' part notwithstanding.

2. psCargile

psCargile Captain Captain

The Empire was also comfortable destroying people's careers and lives for holding "unfavorable" opinions and daring to express them.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm curious what the significance of the gold trooper is. Maybe they're connected to Phasma somehow?
    I'm hoping Phasma has a bigger role here than she's had in the movies, Gwendoline Christie was horribly underused in the movies.

4. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Ask me again in six months if I'd rather Star Wars was the government and not a privately-owned media franchise.

5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

No one's advocating that her life be destroyed, but nice false equivalence with Star Wars content.

The Wormhole likes this.
  6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

For me it's less about what she said and more about the lack of good judgement on display. I mean if she managed to embarrass the company before the show has even aired, what's to say she won't do it again? That makes her a potential liability and The Mouse does not like to be embarrassed. Just ask James Gunn.
    (Just to curtail the inevitable response: No, I don't agree that he should have been fired, quite the opposite. The fact remains that Disney has a very low tolerance for employees that they think are making them look bad in the press.)

Turtletrekker and The Wormhole like this.
  7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Plus it's a lot easier to recast a voice actor than to replace the director of your next potential blockbuster.