Nemesis Line-by-Line

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by CoveTom, Jul 31, 2009.

1. leandar

leandar Vice Admiral Admiral

http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/episodes.htm is a good place for Trek transcripts. And I think the CBS link for viewing episodes is only good in the US. I know that some of the episodes are on YouTube too. You might check there.

2. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I was glad to see Nemesis this way. I may finally be able to watch the DVD, folks... And... honestly, it doesn't seem that horrific...

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Frankly if you're going to own NEMESIS get the two-disc special edition release with more documentaries and deleted scenes. The extras help make up somewhat for the movie itself.

4. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Yup--especially the deleated scenes. Many of them help solve quite a few problems with the tale--and many others are just AWESOME character moments, that under a more "faithful" director, would've been in the film.

Now, I'm one of the few who LOVES Nemesis. But still...I see everyone's point on how Baird unnecessarily chopped out a LOT of good stuff that SHOULD have stayed in. *sigh*

5. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm curious, how many people were just not able to take part in this film compared to the others, due to not being as familiar with it? I didn't want to look up dialogue, and I found I just don't know this film nearly as well as all the others.

6. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

I had to use a reference, though that was true of all the TNG films. The dialogue is not as.. what's the word.. snappy? unique? character-oriented? ... something... than the TOS films. How many times can one say what percentage the shields are at and still remember where you are in the film, after all?

Though I can now watch Nemesis and enjoy it more than I did when it first came out, I still look at it and see a bunch of formulaic situations and dialogue. "Franchise fatigue" is the cry of the producers, and I agree, there was some of that on the part of the fans, me included. But there was also some form of fatigue without a clever name attached on the part of the writers, churning out predictable leftovers (eliciting a "haven't I seen this before?" on several occasions) seasoned with soulless techno-speak.

7. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Same here. I only wanted to work from memory, so I stayed out of this and Insurrection simply because I haven't seen them enough to follow along in my head.

8. leandar

leandar Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the last one I really knew from memory was First Contact. I understand your desire to work from memory but I knew I couldn't do it and to be honest, just for myself, I knew I'd have to have some help. Personally I try to do it from memory as best as I can and if I can't, then I get the transcript for help and backup. Works pretty well I think.

9. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

^ Same here. I've seen both of the last two plenty of times, but I guess they didn't sink in as well as the previous films. I can understand that on Nemesis, but not so much on Insurrection, because I'm a fan of Insurrection.

10. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, I memorized Nemesis before I'd memorized Insurrection--but that's just me. :)