Nemesis Line-by-Line

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by CoveTom, Jul 31, 2009.

1. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Our transcriptions reflect our movies, don't they?

Since January 14th, we have completed line-by-line threads on nine of the eleven Trek movies! For those interested in reviewing, here they are:

TMP Line-by-Line
    TWOK Line-by-Line
    TSFS Line-by-Line
    TVH Line-by-Line
    TFF Line-by-Line
    TUC Line-by-Line
    GEN Line-by-Line
    FC Line-by-Line
    INS Line-by-Line

And now, what is easily the most popular adventure in the entire Star Trek franchise: Nemesis!

As a reminder, you are asked to post only a single line (defined as one character speaking without interruption by another character) per message. You can post as often as you like, but someone else must post a line in between your posts.

Enjoy!

2. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

SURAN: Senators, consider the opportunities for the Empire! At last the destinies of the planets Romulus and Remus will be united. Shinzon of Remus is offering us a chance to make ourselves stronger than ever before. It would be madness to resist it. I beg you to not let prejudice or politics interfere with this alliance. By joining Shinzon's forces with ours, not even the Federation will be able to stand in our way.

3. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

PRAETOR HIREN: That's enough! The decision has been made. The military does not dictate policy on Romulus. The Senate has considered Shinzon's proposal and rejected it. He and his followers will be met with all deliberate force and sent back to that black rock they come from. Do I make myself clear?!

4. leandar

leandar Vice Admiral Admiral

Commander #2: Yes sir.

5. Vulcan Princess

Vulcan Princess Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tal'aura: If you will excuse me, Praetor, I have an appointment with the Tholian ambassador.

6. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Picard: Duty. A starfleet Captains life is filled with Solemn duty. I have commanded men in battle, I have negotiated Peace Treaties between implaccable enemies. I have represented the Federation in first contact with 27 seven species, but none of this compares with my solemn duty today, as Best man. Now I know that on an occaision such as this it is expected that I be gracious and fulsome in my praise on the wonders of this blessed union, but you both thought of what you are doing to me? Sure you're happy, but what about my needs?! While you're comfortably settling in on the Titan, I will be training my new First Officer. You all know him, he's a tyrannical Martonet who will never, ever let me go on away missions!

7. leandar

Picard: Duty. ...A starship captain's life is filled with solemn duty. I have commanded men in battle. I have negotiated peace treaties between implacable enemies. I have represented the Federation in first contact with twenty-seven alien species, but none of this compares to my solemn duty today ...as best man. Now, I know that on an occasion such as this it is expected that I be gracious and fulsome in my praise on the wonders of this blessed union. But have you two considered what you are doing to me? Of course you're happy, but what about my needs?! This is all a damned inconvenience! And while you're happily settling in on the Titan, I will be training my new first officer. You all know him. He's a tyrannical martinet who'll never, ever allow me to go on away missions!

8. Brian

DATA: That is the regulation, Sir. Starfleet Code, section twelve, paragraph four.

9. Vulcan Princess

Missed a line...

Hiren: Of course. ...Senators, are there any others who wish to speak? ...Then I call for a vote on the motion to open trade negotiations with Celles Two. As you know the Reman mines have not been filling their quotas for months now. I hope you will all bear in mind the trade committee's findings. (a green spiralling double-helix column of light rises from the open red box) As much as we don't want...
    (as everybody present watches, transfixed, the column explodes, raining dust down on them. The red box closes) Would someone alert security? Bring back Senator Tal'aura.
    (everybody in the chamber shrivels to rocks and dust)

Then...

Picard: Data!

10. Brian

DATA: Sir?

11. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picard: Shut up!

12. Brian

DATA: Yes, Sir.

13. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

PICARD: Fifteen years I've been waiting to say that!

*Laughter*

14. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Picard: No seriously, Will, Deanna, there's still time to reconsider.... Yes?

15. leandar

Riker and Troi: Nah.

16. Brian

PICARD: No? Oh very well then. Will Riker, you have been my trusted right arm for fifteen years. You have kept my course true and steady. Deanna Troi, you've been my guide and my conscience. You have helped me recognize the better parts of myself. You are my family. And in best maritime tradition, I wish you both clear horizons. My good friends, make it so. <toasting> The bride and groom.

17. leandar

Everyone: The bride and groom!

18. Vulcan Princess

LaForge: Did you ever think about getting married again?

19. leandar

Guinan: No, twenty-three was my limit. ...Worf? Are you all right?

20. Brian

WORF: Romulan Ale should be illegal.