NCIS franchise

There's nothing to see besides a two-part episode in the fourth season of Los Angeles, which served as a backdoor pilot to a potential NCIS Red spinoff, but it was never picked up as a series.
Thanks for the information. I remember that I read something about it a long time ago but since it never became anyting of it, I just forgot the whole thing until I saw the post here.

JAG
I really like JAG. Good series which I followed for many years. Not to mention that the series gave us the amazing NCIS.
Still one of the best. Season 10 a little weaker but so far I have enjoyed my latest rewatch. Still prefer Meg over Mac some episodes.
I'm currently re-watching it from the beginning due to having the first 13 seasons on DVD. I'm amazed how incredible good the firts seasons were. The dialogue was sharp and the episodes very exciting. It lost some of that later on but was still great untin the disastrous season 18 when everything started to go wrong. I must also admit that I miss Kate even if I like Ziva too.
Still one of my favorite shows of all time, and that's due to the first 13 seasons. Don't care if the rest struggle. Good show is a good show.

Still one of the best. Season 10 a little weaker but so far I have enjoyed my latest rewatch. Still prefer Meg over Mac some episodes.

Still one of my favorite shows of all time, and that's due to the first 13 seasons. Don't care if the rest struggle. Good show is a good show.
NCIS is together with CSI NY and Star Trek Voyager the only shows in which I took an immediate liking to all the characters already in the first episode.

And with "first episode" when it comes to NCIS I mean that JAG episode when Gibbs and his colleagues showed up for the first time.

I remember watching the first of the two JAG episodes with the NCIS team, thinking "Whoa re tjose guys, I hope that there will be more of them in future episodes of JAG.

After watching the second episode, the announcer on the channel I have which aired the episodes said something about "if you like NCIS agent Gibbs and his team, then watch the new series NCIS next Wednesday on this channel".

Which I did and continued to be fascinated by the team.

Unfortuantely it's over now. I just can't stand what the series has become. Fortunately I do have the DVD.s from seasons 1-13!

NCIS is together with CSI NY and Star Trek Voyager the only shows in which I took an immediate liking to all the characters already in the first episode.

And with "first episode" when it comes to NCIS I mean that JAG episode when Gibbs and his colleagues showed up for the first time.
Ha, that's funny, for a lot of reasons. One, there are few shows where I go "Oh, I like all these characters!" There's usually two or three that annoy me. Gibbs was definitely one, and worked much, much, better as the lead than in JAG.
Unfortuantely it's over now. I just can't stand what the series has become. Fortunately I do have the DVD.s from seasons 1-13!
Who cares? It's not over if you keep rewatching it, which is how I treat every single show that I like. I love the show MASH, though I hate the final episode because I cry. So, what do my wife and I do? Start it again. It's a positive and enjoyable thing, never ends.

Speaking JAG and NCIS, this week saw the return of Patrick Labyorteau
playing a russian bookie

Both DiNozzo and McGee should have been leading their own teams for a while now. Tony's much older than Gibbs was in season one, and McGee's almost the same age now. Gibbs was 18ish in 1976, making him about 45 when NCIS premiered.

Rumors about Weatherly's return have been circulating for a while now. Weatherly himself has even been fueling the speculation by posting NCIS material on his various social media accounts. Earlier in this thread I even mentioned a rumor from last year suggesting he would be the lead of NCIS Sydney.

At this point, I'll only believe he's coming back when I actually see him show up on screen again.

Honestly, I hope he doesn't come back or show up on Sydney. I really don't miss him and after his behavior on the set of Bull, I don't think he deserves to come back.
I kind of hope Gibbs doesn't come back either, as much as I love the character and Mark Harmon, I really like what we've got now with the current cast and I think bringing him back would just be a distraction from them.
I have to confess something that is probably blasphemy for an NCIS fan to say, I like Kasey better than Abby. At times Abby almost felt to over the top and just didn't really fit in with the rest of the more grounded characters.
I really think the cast have right now is great, and are the best we've had at least since Tony and Ziva left.
JAG
I really like JAG. Good series which I followed for many years. Not to mention that the series gave us the amazing NCIS.
I just started watching JAG a few years ago when it showed up on Cozi, and I really enjoy it.
NCIS
Definitely my all-time favorite series. And it was for many years but not anymore.
I'm currently re-watching it from the beginning due to having the first 13 seasons on DVD. I'm amazed how incredible good the firts seasons were. The dialogue was sharp and the episodes very exciting. It lost some of that later on but was still great untin the disastrous season 18 when everything started to go wrong. I must also admit that I miss Kate even if I like Ziva too.
The series took a heavy blow when first Ziva, then Tony and then Abby left. But successors like Ellie and Torres were actually very good. But it all ended when first Jack, then Ellie and Gibbs left and were replaced with .....not so good characters. I don't watch it anymore.
Which is sad due to how long I liked it and that I don't follow any series anymore. They are all so bad now.
However, I do have seasons 1-13 on DVD and will buy seasons 14-17 too. In this way I can still watch this fantastic series when it was brilliant.
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the show too, but I do disagree with you on a few points. I love the current characters we have just as much as the characters from the earlier seasons. I honestly never really liked Kate, to the point that when USA or one of the other channels is reshowing episodes with I won't watch them.
I'm enjoying it now just as much as I do years ago.
NCIS Red
I never saw anything of it.
I thought the backdoor pilot had a lot of potential, and I'm a little disappointed it didn't go to series.

NCIS Los Angeles
I watched it from the start. Good series with good characters but not as good as "original" NCIS.
However, the series took a turn to the worst when hetty left and was replaced by the horrible Mosley. I hate those "new boss coming in and starts screwing up for the team" scenarios.
When Nell and Eric left and was replaced by bad characters it was over for me. There are at least one of the nwe characters I simply can't stand.
My absolute favorite of the franchise, love all of the characters and cast.
I thought Mosely was OK, but I was glad when Hetty came back. I don't mind her being gone as much now that we have Killbride on full time as her replace. Gerald McRaney is just perfect in the role, and he has quickly become one of my favorite characters. While I do miss Eric and Nell, I really like Roundtree and Fatima a lot.

NCIS New Orleans
I liked it from the beginning. First of all because it was set in another town than New York or Los Angeles and also because of the interactoion between Pride, LaSalle and Brody. I liked Loretta and Sebastian too.
But I started to lose interest when Brody was dumped because of a stupid decision from a stupid boss and was replaced by a character I didn't like. later, when everything started to be about Prides brain ghosts and LaSalle left and was replaced by a weak character, then it was over for me.
NoLa has always been my least favorite of the series, I just never found the characters or the stories as good as any of the others.
NCIS Hawai'i
I watched six episodes of this series when I decided to quit.
The characters are so uninteresting. They are all the same and the series looks like a bad copy of Hawaii 5-0.
Really like Hawaii a lot so far, it's surpassed NoLa for me, and is at least equal with the original.

NCIS Sydney
I will check it out with some hope that it will be watchable.
But due to the low quality of all 2020's series, I have my doubts.
Really looking forward to checking this out when it starts.

Honestly, I hope he doesn't come back or show up on Sydney. I really don't miss him and after his behavior on the set of Bull, I don't think he deserves to come back.
I kind of hope Gibbs doesn't come back either, as much as I love the character and Mark Harmon, I really like what we've got now with the current cast and I think bringing him back would just be a distraction from them.
I have to confess something that is probably blasphemy for an NCIS fan to say, I like Kasey better than Abby. At times Abby almost felt to over the top and just didn't really fit in with the rest of the more grounded characters.
I really think the cast have right now is great, and are the best we've had at least since Tony and Ziva left.
I just started watching JAG a few years ago when it showed up on Cozi, and I really enjoy it.
Without Gibbs and DiNozzo, they can actually cancel the series.
NCIS isn't NCIS anymore, just another dull 2020's series with boring characters.
I like Ducky, McGee, Palmer and Vance, maybe Torres but not the rest.

Last edited:
Without Gibbs and DiNozzo, they can actually cancel the series.
NCIS isn't NCIS anymore, just another dull 2020's series with boring characters.
I like McGee, Palmer and Vance, maybe Torres but not the rest.
No love for Ducky? Or are you just not counting him since he's barely there anymore, despite still being listed in the credits.

No love for Ducky? Or are you just not counting him since he's barely there anymore, despite still being listed in the credits.
Oh dear! :eek:
I have made a serious mistake!
Thank's for correcting me. As you can see, I have corrected the mistake in my previous text.

Ducky is definitely a favorite. One of the best in the series! :techman:
I forgot to mention him because he's not been seen so much in later seasons. not that I don't count him any longer, I just forgot him.

I'm currently rewatching the early seasons from NCIS and my favorite "line-up" is actually the one from season 2 with Gibbs, DiNozzo, Ducky, Abby, Kate, McGee and Palmer.
No wonder why I became an immediate fan of this series. The episodes werw well-written and exciting and the dialogue sharp.
I liked the constant banter between DiNozzo and Kate! :lol:

It was sad when Kate left. I like Ziva too but if I have to choose, then I choose Kate. Ellie was also a good character.

It's amazing that the series was so good for many years. The loss of Ziva, Tony and Abby were heavy blows to the series but it continued to be really good until the 18th season.

That "Corona Episode" when Palmer's wife died gave me a bad feeling. All of a sudden, the series had entered the dystopian 2020's. And when first Jack, then Ellie and then Gibbs left and were replaced by mediocre characters, then I lost interest.

NCIS was actually the last series I really followed. However, I've watched Yellowstone from time to time recently.

Last edited:
Does anybody know how Michael Weatherly & Sasha Alexander got along? My mom, who's just as big a fan as I am, and I both agreed that the characters, at least, seemed to really not be getting along by the time Kate died, and we were wondering if that might have been because the actors didn't like each other in real life.

Does anybody know how Michael Weatherly & Sasha Alexander got along? My mom, who's just as big a fan as I am, and I both agreed that the characters, at least, seemed to really not be getting along by the time Kate died, and we were wondering if that might have been because the actors didn't like each other in real life.
Well, they certainly seemed friendly in this photo together from when Sasha Alexander directed an episode of Bull earlier this year.

Alexander also defended Weatherly after Eliza Dushku's allegation were made public, calling him a "true friend."

Kate was starting to grieve for Tony in that episode where Tony got the plague...the episode before Kate got killed.

So the three-way crossover has been delayed a week - now scheduled to air January 9, 2023.

A 1 and a half minute trailer has been released (possible minor spoilers in the trailer).

Anyone watch the 3-part cross over or did everyone else simply forget the show had returned after Christmas?

Given that it finished on the ncis:la I skipped it completely but it didn't seem to get any promotion. Often I'll see an ad on Global when watching the news but there was nothing.

I enjoyed the crossover. Enjoyable plot, fun seeing the characters from the three shows interacting, overall a great batch of three episodes. The scene between Kilbride and Parker at the end of the Los Angles episode really had me laughing.

On a trivia note, Robert Picardo seems to be active on television this week, with his appearance in the OG NCIS part of this storyline and an appearance in the new episode of Quantum Leap that was also on Monday night.

Back