NBC is reviving Heroes

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Feb 23, 2014.

1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

No one is arguing that point ;)

I wonder why and how?

Would it be a total reboot to test the waters so to speak or would they pick up of one of the strands of the show and continue from there?

The basic premise was solid and very interesting but the execution of everything past season 1 was atrocious and i don't see how that can be undone. Heroes is marked as that brilliant first season but utterly shit remaining seasons show and it would take monumentally good writing and producing to make people forget everything past the season 1 finale.

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Love first season Heroes, the rest..not so much. Maybe this is a chance at redemption. I'll give it a shot.

3. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

I'm sure the success of Arrow has nothing to do with this. Arrow has done very well for the CW under CW standards, and the genre crowd has been very pleased with it, but its really not that crazy of a breakout or ratings hit in general.

It sounds to me like NBC is taking its cue from a couple of things happening in network tv right now. 1) Networks in general and NBC in particular have been relying heavily on known properties with pre-built in audiences to try to jump start successful shows; see Knight Rider, Bionic Woman, Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, About a Boy, Hannibal. Plus there are like 3 different Wizard of Oz related programs in development for nextr season. 2) Fox took that to a new level by bringing back 24 for an "event" series this May, which by all accounts is going to have all the success that NBC is hoping Heroes will have. 3) Fox has changed the game a bit this fall when it somewhat ditched the tv pilot process and instead greenlit a number of shows directly to series for the following tv season, and thereby pushing up the start time for the normal seasonal development/announcement period. NBC has seamingly responded by planning some direct to series developments already for the 2015/16 season.

4. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I won't be watching, NBC.
    Even if you paid me... never again. Never ever, ever, ever again. I'm still pissed about how seasons 2-4 turned out... and I'm pissed at myself for being stubborn and sticking with it till the bitter end.

5. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Outside of the eclipse two parter in the third season and the strike shortened second season, I rather liked the show. And I am looking forward to them ending the cliffhanger the series ended on.

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

You must not have been around when Geraldo opened Al Capone's vault....That became a legendary example of TV letdown, and it was live to boot.

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^ That was high-larious!

8. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Will Sylar be good or bad for this season?

9. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^He'll have a Gollum/Sméagol thing going on.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

My favorite "volume" is actually the first half of Season 3 Villains because it had an actual team of super villains with an evil mastermind, plenty of power-on-power action, Elle (right? it's been awhile), all sorts of goodies.

11. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

And then it fell apart, just like every other time it seemed to have potential. Peter also fell for the Give me a hug trick twice.

12. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Zachery Quinto has to be thanking God that he's no longer under contract and the show can no longer force him to come back for another three seasons.

I'm sure Ali Larter will jump at the chance to return! Though she'll likely get stuck with another awful storyline.

Heroes Season 1 was great. The beginning of the end came with the disappointing season finale, with the fight that they built up turning out to be awful. I can't blame NBC for wanting to keep the same cast that worked so well in Season 2. Maybe it was the wrong decision in hindsight but it's not like Kring did a good job with the new characters he brought it. He ultimately wanted to tell the same story over and over again and it was probably would have gotten repetitive.

13. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Season 1 Heroes is on my 'to watch' list. (Not so much later seasons, based on what I'm hearing).

14. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

Yes, it is because of the 119th most watched network tv show, and not the movie franchise that has in it the third highest grossing movie of all time. Now that I think about it, that actually DOES sound like NBC logic.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure what to make of this. I actually continued to watch and enjoy the show up until about the 3 or 4th episode of Season 4, but by that point they even lost me. I honestly have to wonder what the hell they are thinking bringing this back of all of the shows. You'd think they would have to have a show that people actually like for it's entire run that they could bring back somewhere in the collection of shows they have access too.
    I haven't decided yet if I"m going to check it out or not, I want to at least see some trailers or something before I make up my mind.

16. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'm actually excited about it...the later seasons had potential that wasn't as good as it could be ...RObert Knepper's character was great & manipulative at the beginning, but like the Sylar "showdown" at the end of season 1...a letdown.

Hopefully they've learned form the mistakes...and have the ending written FIRST.

I hope to see Jack Cole , perhaps as the lead...he was consistently good through all 4 seasons. If Hayden has some time off from her show, she could make an appearance (if she doesn't get kidnapped by evil scientists)

With Ali Larter -- please NO MORE clones!!! I wish they would have explained Niiki's evil twin that was hiding in her...is here twin's power the ability to take over a body, and "come out" at certain times?

I wouldn't mind seeing Ando help out some heroes as well..

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I thought she just had multiple personality disorder...

18. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She had a tattoo that only appeared when the other sister was in control.

19. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Niki, Jessica and Tracy were triplets, Niki had somehow merged with Jessica and had super human strenth, Tracy on the other hand had freeezing powers and could turn herself into a water form.

20. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

IMO - spot on - the first season was very good, but it went downhill FAST from there. That said, I'll tune in and gauge the first couple of episodes to see if I feel the rest is worth a watch.