NBA 2017 - 2018 Westworld

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by gblews, Oct 22, 2017.

1. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Without Kyrie and Hayward, I think the Pacers are better. In Oladipo they have a legit go to guy who can create his own shot, and most importantly, is experienced in the playoffs. Neither Philly nor Milwaukee had a player like this and because they didn't, suffered greatly in crunch time.

Having HCA against two really inexperienced teams made Boston's home court look pretty formidable. But its not going to mean as much against the Cavs who I think, are capable of winning at least one game in Boston. Question is, will the Celts be able to win one in Cle if they have to.

If Boston had not been the top seed in the east I doubt they'd still be playing, however, one of the reasons for fighting for the top seed is so you get the (presumed) easier road to the conf finals.

2. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Yeah but Oladipo didn't have the best statistical game and Rozier looks to break out. Plus Stevens might well be the wild card as the coach. Cavs SHOULD win. But then they SHOULD have dispatched Indy sooner too.

We will be entertained!

3. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Toronto was the top seed in the East.

4. gblews

^ Oops, you're right. Boston just lucked out then, being in the easier bracket, also determined by regular season record. I think Boston was the top seed in the east season, so I guess I was thinking of that.

5. Borgminister

How dumb is Morris to give Bron motivation? :rolleyes:

6. Captain Clark Terrell

^Extremely. I don’t imagine Brad Stevens is happy with him for saying that. Why poke the bear the day before the series?

7. Captain Clark Terrell

Well, the Cavs won’t be sweeping the Celtics.

8. Borgminister

This was either a fluke or Boston has a good chance. I guess it depends on whether Bron's cryogenic chamber was properly serviced.

9. Captain Clark Terrell

^The next two games will tell us a lot. Cleveland will almost certainly play better than they did in Game 1, and while Boston won’t necessarily play worse than they did today, they’ve yet to show they can withstand an explosion by James (which may come as soon as Game 2). Boston has also played played much better at home than on the road, so they really need to approach Game 2 as though they’re behind in the series and play with the same urgency as they did this afternoon.

10. gblews

In a 7 game series game 1 is the least important. If the Celts win game 2, then they're not going to "have" to win a road game for a while if at all. And it will force the Cavs to win 2 in Cle.

But if Cle wins game 2, Cavs put pressure on a young team to win a road game in the conf finals. They're going to need more than great coaching to do that.

11. Borgminister

Boston needs to take a 7 game attitude and make James want to think about retiring. Throw the kitchen sink at him and dare the role players--Love included--to step up 6 games in a row.

12. Captain Clark Terrell

The Celtics are taking it to the Cavs in the second half of Game 2.

13. Captain Clark Terrell

And the Celtics have won.

14. Borgminister

I'm thinking with all that rest and cyrogenic treatment, Bron will will the Cavs to a game 3 victory, but the Celts will run him and the other Cavs players ragged. I'd rather see Boston versus (looks like) Golden State anyway, even if it's a gentleman's sweep for the Dubs.

15. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I think Rockets/Warriors is closer than other people do, but yeah Warriors probably win.

Cavs have very good chance of evening up 2-2, putting on the pressure for Celtics to keep winning at home. But it's going to be very hard for Cavs to steal any in Boston.

16. Borgminister

What a Jekyll-Hyde series that Eastern Conference playoffs just became. I'm thinking that Boston has overachieved and Cleveland has underachieved thus far.

17. gblews

If Cle can hold service at home it still boils down to whether or not they can get a win in Bos. Cle should be able to accomplish this as they have an advantage with experience and with LeBron. But the key word is "should".

Right now though, they've got to win game 4 or it is over.

18. Borgminister

Man Golden State is a freaking buzz saw. Love 'em or hate 'em, definitely ELITE.

19. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

I don't hate them, but I do hate the fact that superteams and tanking have turned the regular season into a joke.

20. Borgminister

With notable good (Spurs) and bad (Kings) exceptions....!

Jedi_Master likes this.