Spoilers Narissa's fate

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by CPT Baldwin, Mar 29, 2020.

1. CPT Baldwin

CPT Baldwin Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Is it just me or does anyone else find this implausible?
    We know she had her personal transporter so why would she not use it to transport herself to a different part of the cube "on the way down"?

I personally can see a return in Season 2 going head to head with Narek after his "turnabout".
    (There was something very weirdly off between the two of them and it feels unresolved.)

What do you guys think?

2. Anduinel

Anduinel Captain Captain

Maybe her tech got borked in the crash? Or whatever was powering it was out of juice?

I truly hope she doesn't come back. Narissa's entire existence, from introduction to death, was insipid and underwhelming - worst of all, there was so little to her character that I couldn't even love to hate her. She wasn't a Cersi or a Scorpius* or a Kai Winn, just a whole lot of bleh poured into a catsuit. Unfortunately, that last detail probably means she'll turn up again.

(*though, admittedly, I just loved Scorpius by the time Farscape wrapped.)

werdegast and Khan Jr like this.
  3. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We haven't seen a body so I think it's up to the writers in Season 2 or beyond to bring her back if they think it will serve their story. Narek and Oh are still alive, so I could see Narissa also surviving. Narek is more threatening with Narissa around, and also now Narissa could be a recurring villain for Seven.

4. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We didn't see her body, she just fell into a dark pit.

Who isn't to say that she didn't beam her self out at the last second and it was off-screen?

5. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

Narek and Narissa didn't get along (Narek described himself as a "Zhat Vash washout").

Narissa was more of the instigator than Narek.

6. JohnR

JohnR Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

:Lord I hope she died. A dull one-dimension villain, who could fight off Legolas Squared while simultaneously offing a guy peeking around a corner, and then gets kicked into an abyss by a character so sluggish that she let her weapon be removed. Bah. Begone.

7. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season two will not continue the same narrative from season 1. No Narek, no Rizzo, probably no more romulans. There is whole galaxy out there. No need to re-visit anything from Season 1.

8. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

What's a show without recurring villains?

We've had the Borg, the Ferengi, Q, etc.

9. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

As I said in the other thread... Augmented with Borg tech or facing life in a synth body. Either, but especially the latter would be quite the comeuppance.

10. Iconian

Iconian Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think she's still alive. The Tal Shiar clearly installed one of those emergency transporter systems in the "Artifact", which is how she escaped from the xBs in the first place.

I wonder what happened to her aunt, though.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  11. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I can see Narissa coming back but wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't.

Narek and Oh probably aren't going anywhere. Oh will be the Main Villain of the series and Narek will continue to be the shady, gray area character. I really got that sense during the season finale.

12. Anduinel

Anduinel Captain Captain

Chabon made a comment re: the fate of the xBs:

So apparently the Disordered weren't among the xB murdered by Narissa, but they were left behind on the cube when the Romulans took off, and Ramdha was one of those who survived the crash.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  13. Lt.Smokey

Lt.Smokey Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It was a pretty anticlimactic end for her. I think it was indeed the end, though. But that's up to the writers.

14. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

Completely agreed. I hope they are done with the zhat vash and synthetic stuff. Unlike many posters here I don't want Jurati to go to jail either. Time for a new adventures for this crew, let the uninteresting plot threads die out.

As for Narissa, I didn't like the character. But she was hot so I don't mind her return. :)

15. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

Stewart did say that the story set up in season goes deeper or something like that, with enough material for a few more seasons. And Chabon said that Picard being a synth won't be ignored.

16. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

I hope we never see her or Narek again. Both were/are so one dimensional and generic.

17. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Yup--anything can happen in SciFi.........I enjoyed Peyton List, so I would not be mad if she returns.

18. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I'm a Peyton List fan, so I ALWAY want to see her, no matter the role.

KennyB likes this.
  19. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wouldn't mind never seeing her again XD

KennyB likes this.
  20. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

As long as we haven't seen a body, we can hold out hope... I'd love to see her again. I took an instant liking to her, as she reminded me of an adult version of Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender... the oily smugness, the constant unhealthy power struggles with her little brother, all pointing to a hopelessly messed up and broken person, and of course her tendency to wreak havoc and get away in the nick of time, it was all there. I loved to hate her.

But that being said, if they bring back one of the Romulan siblings for the second season to become a recurring villain, it's probably Narek. Chabon said a scene with him being taken into Federation custody was cut, so he's probably still alive, and now has a personal reason to go after Seven... which could also provide some interesting contrast with her own history of revenge. I can see that become a plot point later.