Mr. Robot, Season Two

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Push The Button, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just wonde
    I wonder if that is Tyrell? Do we have any solid proof that Tyrell is a separate person?

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol: Nice idea, even if it's not borne out.

3. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Everything goes off the rails if Tyrell was never real, and just another of Elliot's personalities. I'm not sure how that could even be plausible, we would be deep into Bobby Ewing in the shower/St. Eligius in the snowglobe territory if true.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

So.....where is the phone coming from? Hubby and I both couldn't resist saying, "It's coming from inside the house! " We watch too many movies. :lol:

Holy CRAP, that was a dramatic ending. Someone died in the cafe; I'm assuming it wasn't Darlene.

I also loved the subway scene--how Angela filled the screen but Elliot seemed to get smaller and smaller in the opposite frame. Nicely done.

5. Push The Button

The phonecalls and gifts could be Scott Knowles trying to drive Joanna (even more) crazy.

I'm really hoping that Tyrell is still alive, they have been teasing us with it all season, and it would be kind of a letdown if he really has been dead the whole time.

6. Morpheus 02

Hmm..not much chatter... wondering how this is all going down..also, did anyone watch Hacking Robot? The host was so-so... not asking the best questions at times

7. auntiehill

I am not interested in watching "Hacking Robot." I tried.....but really it doesn't appeal to me, which is odd, because I love the aftershow for Walking Dead and even the one they did for Downton Abbey.
    Most of the joy that comes from watching Mr. Robot is not knowing what will happen, the feeling of dread and mystery that surrounds Elliot. The aftershow is too mundane, too much of a let-down.

Besides, I'm married to an IT guy who pauses the show and explains to me exactly what Elliot is doing, how it works and how realistic it is. I have running commentary, so I don't need an aftershow. :lol:

8. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed the 'Blues Clues' moment when Elliot is asking us to find what Mr. Robot is looking for in his apartment. LOL

Also we don't know if the couple in the dinner at the end were Darlene and her boyfriend. they shot it pretty far back. The guy was wearing a red cap though, still could be someone else.

9. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

He's the most wanted man in the country and has a life that doesn't directly involve what Elliot is doing. Mr Robot rarely interacted with other people except when it made sense that it could have been Elliot.

Now I have wondered if Tyrell is dead and Elliot created a head version of him after that. But I think he's still alive somewhere.

10. Awesome Possum

What if the Elliot we've seen since the first episode isn't the real Elliot? He's just another personality that happens to be in control most of the time. It would explain his gaps in memory and why he and Mr. Robot don't seem to be fully aware of what's going on.

11. auntiehill

Well, CRAP. That was tense. Is it wrong I was more upset about the fish than Angela being kidnapped?

So is it really
    Martin
    standing next to him or is he just another personality in Elliot's head?

12. Awesome Possum

There was a lot of music from Back to the Future.

I think White Rose is building a time machine.

13. Morpheus 02

Are you confusing the actor with the character? If so, that is what I was wondering. We'd have to review their scenes together

14. auntiehill

^Probably. :lol:

15. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think Tyrell in S1 was another one of Elliot's personalities, there's just too much that wouldn't add up.
    The one he met in the taxi, not so sure. He talked kinda different, almost as if he's impersonating Mr Robot.
    But I'd wager that's a red herring and he really is Tyrell, and some of the unexplained thing this season might have been him working behind the scenes.
    However, in the previous episode it was implied that there is another alter ego...
    [​IMG]

On another crazy note, did anyone notice how Angela acted like Joanna in the scene at the end with the lawyer? She even arrived in a similar(if not same) black SUV...

16. Push The Button

I'm so confused...

17. Morpheus 02

Wow! Rami Malek just won the emmy for lead actor!

he opened his speech as Elliot "Tell me you're really seeing this".. and a short but great sppech challenging us that we wouldn't be friends with Elliot...yet there'a little bit of Elliot in all of us

Awesome!

18. auntiehill

Yes! Saw that. Sooo very glad he won. It was definitely well-deserved.

19. Awesome Possum

He earned it. His performance has been amazing on the show.

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Congrats to him. He really does deserve it. :bolian: