Mr. Robot, Season Two

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Push The Button, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I was feeling the same way up till episode 5. That's when it starts feeling like Mr Robot again, then it starts getting better.

I just finished the latest episode. Easily my favorite of the show so far. This is one of the best looking shows on television in a while.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I think episode 5 is next up for me, so that's good to know.

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Woot! Fuck yeah. The big reveal was indeed big. I'm interested to see how it all plays out from here.
    That Elliot has been in prison this whole time
    I had floated that theory by hubby when the season first started; he didn't buy it. When the big reveal came up, I shouted, "CALLED IT!" :lol:

4. Awesome Possum

I had that thought too when they kept making a deal about the routine.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the twist was too obvious to happen, but the ninja protector scene basically confirmed it.

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The routine and the group therapy sessions were big clues. I was never sure enough to call it, but I was always suspicious about those.

7. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

I expect things to move quickly from this point on. I hope they do, anyway.

8. Makarov

Makarov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I haven't really liked this show as much since the big reveal of season 1 honestly, I found the story much more interesting before that twist. Now Christian Slater is criminally underused, the blonde lady is unlikable, and we're following some random relationship drama with Tyrell's wife. I wish they had stopped at revealing
    Mr Robot was his dad and not had him be imaginary. Since he's been imaginary it doesn't seem like they know what to do with him and I'm afraid he's going to get as repetive as Dexter's dad.

9. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

SO I am confued.... is Craig RObinson the warden or something, who now thanks to Elliot just got caught doing something bad on his work computer?

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't get where he fits in either (another prisoner?) . Also why is Elliot in jail? its obviously not for the 5/9 hack.

11. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

The popular theory is that Elliot is in jail for hacking Krista's ex-boyfriend, and possibly also for taking his dog.

I'm not sure about Ray, he could have been a guard, administrator, or a therapist at the jail. Ray had free access to an office with a computer in it, which makes me think he wasn't another inmate.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  12. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, shit's getting real!

13. auntiehill

Ho. Lee. Shit.

That was intense. Man, when this show kicks into high gear, they don't mess around. They go right for the jugular. Or pacemaker. Whatever.

14. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Damn! The psycho is strong in this family! I love it!

Funny how they left everyone's fate hanging in the balance in this episode. Including Elliot's.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Homicide seems like the point of no return for her. Same with the Wellicks.

16. Awesome Possum

They made a point of showing a scene in season one where Elliot takes the god to the vet and they scan the chip. If the dog was reported as stolen, that would pop up. I figure he got busted for theft, they might not have been able to prove the hacking charges if he covered his tracks like he normally does. So he's only been in jail for a few months and is about to get released.

I figure Ray was a guard or possibly a prison councilor. He knew that Elliot was a hacker and had a more laid back approach with him instead of what you'd expect from a guard. It would explain why Elliot was able to spend so much time in his office and why he'd have a computer.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Would he be jailed for months for stealing a dog? It's got to be more than that.

18. Awesome Possum

It hasn't been that long. It's around July 4th on the latest episode and Elliot was likely arrested several days after the 5/9 hack. That's barely two months.

19. Awesome Possum

So I'm thinking there is another personality. Mr. Robot mentioned that he felt like they were overheating and what causes a CPU to overheat? Too many processes running at the same time, plus next week's episode is called hiddenprocess.

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  20. auntiehill

Great episode. Stuff is happening and people are starting to panic. It does look like there's a "third" Elliot in some fashion--either that, or there's some sort of cataclysmic merge happening where a "new" Elliot will arise: A + B + AB. Can't wait to find out!

CorporalCaptain likes this.