Mr. Robot, Season Two

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Push The Button, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

USA Network has officially set the premiere date for its criticaly acclaimed drama Mr. Robot. Returning for a second season on Wednesday, Jul. 13 at 10/9c, Sam Esmail's groundbreaking series stars Rami Malek as Elliot Alderson, a brilliant-but-troubled computer hacker,and Christian Slater as Mr. Robot, a mysterious agitator who enlists Elliot's help.

[Warning: season one spoilers ahead.] Season two picks up after fsociety’s 5/9 hack on Evil Corp and will explore the consequences of the attack, as well as the illusion of control. In addition to Malek and Slater, Portia Doubleday (Angela), Carly Chaikin (Darlene), Martin Wallström (Tyrell), Michael Cristofer (Phillip Price), and Stephanie Corneliussen (Joanna) are onboard for season two, which is currently shooting in New York City.

Esmail, who is directing all 10 episodes of the new season, is also bringing Grace Gummer into the fold as Dominique “Dom” DiPierro, a young federal agent investigating the hack.

“Elliot committed a crime and we’re going to see the ramifications of that this season,” Esmail said during the Mr. Robot panel at SXSW last month. “That’s why you see that introduction of law enforcement, which you deliberately didn’t see the first season.”

Also joining the cast this year: Craig Robinson will play Ray, a neighborhood local who reaches out to Elliot in his time of need; rapper Joey Bada$$ is Leon, a new friend of Elliot’s who philosophizes on the meaning of life; and Chris Conroy joins as Derek, the young and attractive new man in Joanna Wellick’s life.

bbjeg and DarthPipes like this.
  2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't wait..three more months.

bbjeg likes this.
  3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

3 more months? Argh. I can't wait! Last season was so damn good.

bbjeg likes this.
  4. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen Season 1 yet, but I just watched the Season 2 trailer, and I was wondering, has anybody heard how the did the Obama speech in the beginning? That sounded way to close to Obama's voice to be a sound alike, so did they actually get Obama to do that for them, or was it just edited together sound clips?
    Here's the trailer.

6. auntiehill

Are you kidding? Of course it's just from sound clips.

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored This is the Way Moderator

That looks fantastic.

8. Push The Button

I'm looking forward to season two, and will be rewatching season one soon.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey, you never know, he did do a bit on Mythbusters, and Michelle was just on NCIS a couple weeks ago.

10. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

And he's done his own Clintonesque short film, so he clearly has aspirations: :rommie:

I'm psyched for Mr. Robot season two. The first season was a really fantastic and bizarre mix of William Gibson and Adrian Monk.

11. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I saw the pilot of this one and have been meaning to check out the rest of the season. I think I'll do it in June so if I love it, I can just delve into season two!

12. RJDiogenes

You'll love it. :mallory:

13. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Season one was smart, daring, and one of a kind. I can't wait to see what happens next in season two.

14. Push The Button

Season two premiere .. wow .. my head is spinning.

15. auntiehill

MAN, I love this show. Everything about it just appeals to me, even down to how they frame the shots----wonderful! I love how Elliot's face is completely in shadow in the therapist's office, because he really is closed off to her; how the tech CEO is shown at the bottom of the screen, because he is powerless and small when they make him
    burn the money.

I can't WAIT to see where this goes.

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

Hey, USA Network didn't kill the volume for the F words this episode.

17. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

So...
    Elliot's obviously in prison, probably some short sentence for hacking all those people in S1, because the world doesn't seem to know of his involvement in fsociety. The question is is he aware he's in prison and is lying to us, or to himself?

18. Push The Button

http://www.conficturaindustries.com

This is the URL encoded in the QR code in Elliot's notebook. The QR reader app on my phone was able to scan it directly from my TV screen when I paused on that frame.

19. Push The Button

This theory is interesting, it is all over Reddit right now.

20. RJDiogenes

Yeah, that's interesting. It never occurred to me. And it may mean that thing with Gideon never happened.

Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what to make of the premiere. It sure had its moments, and it was nice to see the characters again, but it felt kind of flat.