Most purely rewatchable episodes?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by BlueStuff, Feb 7, 2020.

1. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

^I did rewatch that one as part of my recent resampling. :)

Armus likes this.
  2. Eric1981

Eric1981 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Any episode involving Dukat or Kai Winn.

Orphalesion and DS9forever like this.
  3. mlbach

mlbach Captain Captain

Any Garak episode, especially the first scene in Past Prologue when Garak swoops in and hits on Bashir. Gayest. Scene. Ever.

“...if you should require any apparel, or merely wish, as I do, for A BIT OF ENJOYABLE COMPANY NOW AND THEN, I’m at your disposal, Doctor.”

LMAO

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  4. Mrs. Silvercrest

Mrs. Silvercrest Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Trouble From Tribbles one! Love it :) on both original and DS9!

5. Tribble Threat

Tribble Threat Commander Red Shirt

I too love Trials and Tribble-ations! Of course, I'm a Tribble fan.

And I love Necessary Evil! It was brilliant backstory, and backstory on shows can often be a bit of a letdown.

ThreeEdgedSword and DonIago like this.
  6. Anduinel

Anduinel Captain Captain

Trials and Tribble-ations is, of course, at the top of the list.

I find Our Man Bashir to be ridiculously fun romp every time, and I really wish the looming threat of legal menace hadn't gotten in the way of more Bond send-ups. Also, House of Quark and Looking for Par´mach in all the Wrong Places; I adore Grilka.

For heavier episodes, Improbable Cause + The Die is Cast, The Wire, Cardassians, Dr Bashir, I Presume, In Purgatory's Shadow, and Nor the Battle to the Strong. Also, Shakaar - any episode where Kai Winn gets egg on her face is one I'm inclined to like.

Duet, Far Beyond the Stars, and In The Pale Moonlight are some of Trek's best, but a bit too grim for me to rewatch unless I'm specifically in the mood for them.

7. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Is the Bond franchise really threatening people who might want to do spoofs? I really hope that doesn't happen. Satire is fair use, and our culture would be poorer if it stopped being so. That said, the same spoof done more than once per show is usually too much.

mlbach likes this.
  8. Anduinel

Anduinel Captain Captain

You don't need to have a legal leg to stand on to send a C&D letter, just faith that whomever you're targeting won't/can't take the time and money to contest it in court. I don't know if MGM would be more relaxed these days, but, yeah, the rights-holders were not happy at the time.

Per Memory Alpha:

9. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

I love any episode that deals full on with the history of the occupation.

For anyone who thing Trek is too dark now it didn't get much more horrible than the creepy Cardies

Armus likes this.
  10. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love "Emissary" the story I found touching and interesting; everything in the episode was a mystery and I was immediately invested to the main characters.
    Geez, the entire first 2 seasons for me, I loved the world building done by the creative team, it was definitely set to be entirely different from TNG. "Duet", "The Storyteller", "Progress" , Dramatis Personae", and "In the Hands of the Prophets".

"Whispers" was a fun brain teaser episode which had some invasion of the body snatchers vibe but the resolution was quite satisfying. I thought "Second Sight" was a nice Sisko episode, The three part Season Premiere was an interesting plot for the crew which was different and showed how far away the Federation frontier was to them. I loved that because my heroes had to solve these issues by their own means and not the assistance from Starfleet. Other purely watched episodes were "Tribunal", "The Collaborator", "The Wire", "Playing God", "Armageddon Game", "The Alternate", "Melora", "Cardassians", "Necessary Evil", these episodes are so good, I honestly don't think DS9 got any better when it came to performances and isolated storytelling.

Season 3 had some interesting work like "The House of Quark", "Equilibrium", "Second Skin", "Civil Defense", "Defiant", "Destiny", and my favorite of my list "Explorers" where Sisko takes his son out on an interesting quest where the Cardassians do something which was so enlightening and so showed another facet I loved about that race.

I will add "The Visitor" in my bonus list but that's that.

11. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

So many!
    Progress
    Duet
    Invasive Procedures
    Necessary Evil
    Armageddon Game
    Blood Oath
    Tribunal
    The Jem'Hadar
    The House of Quark
    Civil Defense
    Defiant
    Visionary
    Explorers
    The Visitor
    Little Green Men
    The Sword of Kahless
    Hard Time
    To the Death
    Apocalypse Rising
    Trials and Tribbleations
    The Ascent
    Children of Time
    The Magnificent Ferengi
    Waltz
    Far Beyond the Stars
    One Little Ship
    In the Pale Moonlight
    The Sound of Her Voice
    Take Me Out to the Holosuite
    Siege of AR-558

Left out anything you couldn't just drop in on bereft of context and not be able to follow what was going on, I think. Probably quite a few more I didn't mention.

12. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Emissary
    Defiant
    Way of the Warrior
    The Die is Cast
    Homefront/Paradise Lost

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  13. Captain Clark

Captain Clark Ensign Red Shirt

Any of the Klingon ones in my opinion

14. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

Just saw this for the first time since I was too young to understand. Absolutly brilliant first scene from Garek

mlbach and kkt like this.
  15. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Generally the Vic ones. Fun stories about people (who are dealing with a hologram) in the moments away from the war.

16. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, the cost of fighting a lawsuit is enough to ensure people avoid them.
    Some of the - now dead - most awful criminals used the threat of legal actions to keep themselves safe during their lifetimes.

17. DarthTimon

DarthTimon Commander Red Shirt

Sacrifice of Angels, not just because of the action, but due to the stakes. There's a palpable sense of desperation in this episode, a feeling of time running out.

Image in the Sand/Shadows and Symbols, a compelling opener to season 7, and I got emotional at the final shot of Symbols.

18. Mr_Sloan

Mr_Sloan Lieutenant Red Shirt

Sacrefice of angels
    In the pale moonlight
    the visitor
    what you leave behind
    call to arms
    the festival
    the way of the warrior
    the die is cast
    yeah a lot of good episodes

19. no2catsuitKira