More cast announced

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by JoeP, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Everyone dies in the pilot. The entire series is a flashback.

Jedman67 and trynda1701 like this.
  2. Logopolis

Logopolis Commander Red Shirt

Just as they're bringing back Rosanne!

Locutus of Bored likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Well, I can make out the words “T'Kuvma, give …”, “forever” and what appears to be the character name of “Voq”. Also, in the background you can read “Michael Burnham” on one of the name cards.

4. Captain Indecisive

Captain Indecisive Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It is much a case of prematurely announcing the release date. The studio was more concerned with hype than with the actual production of the show.

Same has happened with movies. Studios announce release dates (the actual day) before a movie d even finished pre-production. Supposedly executives at Disney were having fits because JJ Abrams was constantly butting heads over their insistence on it's schedule against giving him the time to actually make a movie the would help them can back their investment.

5. Captain Indecisive

Various websites stated that Latin was a Klingon captain. I don't know if they were going by official announcements or just rumour.

Many of those same websites are probably reporting now that he is a new casting announcement. :P

It might be a bigger role, might be less. It could be role he is playing all along and the media are simply showing they haven't a clue. ;)

We'll find in someone's tell all book in 15 years - at which point we'll have heard most of the stories anyway. :)

People should bare in mind that not every character or actor is going to be a major player anyway.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Tuskin38 likes this.
  6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was talking about TNG. Loot at the quote I was responding to.

7. Captain Indecisive

Yes, I know. i had typed a comment saying I wasn't sure about the details of Sirtis/Crosbie. I must have deleted it when typing the rest.