Money spent on Star Trek when you shouldnt have

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Jon1701, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll post em for you...

Thats one of the best Star Trek collections I've ever seen.

Beats out my toast story...

:D

2. startrekfiero

startrekfiero Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ok, here is a better close up pic of one of my cases of Romulan ale:
    [​IMG]

3. Rikerbabe

Rikerbabe Commodore Commodore

I also bought the whole ST-TNG collection on VHS...almost $1000 worth. Then the DVD's came out- and I also donated my collection to the local library.

But my worst 'never should have bought it' purchase was, yes, at a convention. I got suckered into buying a copy of the Enterprise print hanging in Picard's ready room for $700. It's still in the original packing tube over 10 years later.

4. startrekfiero

$700.??? :eek:

5. Rikerbabe

Rikerbabe Commodore Commodore

Yep. I was dazzled by the fact that it was autographed and I thought that I'd frame it and put it up in my living room.

Of course, that was after I realized that it would cost about as much to frame it as it did to buy it. And that it never would look like it did in the ready room. :(

6. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I got dazzled by some art, too. Can't recall how much I paid for it - certainly not as much as that. It's still lying under the bed, goodness knows how many years later.

startrekfiero, that's a great collection. I'm particularly taken with how neatly it's all presented! :eek:

7. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

Quoted to show picture.

8. startrekfiero

Oh, well if it is autographed then that changes things a bit. Who's autograph does it have? Is there more than one signature? I've seen pictures with signatures of the entire TNG cast go for over a thousand before.
    As for a frame, just get creative and make your own, or go to a flea market and buy a used framed picture thats the correct size and swap the picture with yours.
    I've done that a few times myself ;)

9. startrekfiero

Since we are on the subject of Star Trek related ales and other drinks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Close up pics of the Romula Ale bottles plus some Saurian Brandy and a bottle of Chateau De Trek, Mmmmmmm :drool:

10. StolenThunder

Since your collection is so unique (and clearly quickly becoming the topic), I'm happy to quote these again. :)

11. startrekfiero

Thanks again StolenThunder :)

Maybe someone could make an exception in my case and allow me to be able to post images before I have to hit this magical 100 posts....

12. StolenThunder

I'm afraid it's something that works on a higher level than that - i.e. I don't know if it's easy to pick out individual posters. Won't be long until you hit one hundred in any case, and until then people can quote you. :)

13. Trujew

Trujew Lieutenant Commander

Where did you get those? I hope they still make/sell it somewhere

14. startrekfiero

Here is the question of the day. Does anyone recognize this movie Spock cardboard standee:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am trying to find out more about what it was for. If anyone on here can supply any info about this unique piece it is greatly appreciated.
    Steve

15. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. startrekfiero

They are from Star Trek the Experience. Yes they are still available last I knew. Mmmm, Romulan Ale :thumbsup:

17. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

So judging by your pictures it seems as though you are primarily a TOS fan with a smattering of TNG. Is that about right?

18. startrekfiero

No I don't think I would say that. I may have more TOS themed items only because more of that was produced than for any other of the shows, but I don't focus only on TOS.
    Certainly in action figures I think TNG has an edge with the amount produced by Galoob and then by Playmates with their small and then larger 9" and 12" figures, etc, but there really hasn't been much for merchaindise released for some shows like Voyager and Enterprise as two good examples.
    If there is something you would like to see I don't mind snapping a few pics and posting them :)

19. startrekfiero

A little more info on the Spock Movie cardboard promotional standee.
    This is what I do know about it:
    Mr. Spock Promotional Standee.
    The art is by Ken Goldammer. It's printed on thick heavy duty cardboard.
    The standee stands approx. 73" and is approx. 31" wide at the base.

20. K-Star

K-Star Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ok, I'm a college freshman with no job and no car. It's kinda hard for me to buy Trek stuff. Plus I JUST got into TNG. My dad has a few items (Enterprise-D model, TOS style communicator, universal remote that looks like a phaser which he hardly ever uses, lots of TNG episode tapes, and every movie on VHS at least) but I have nothing except a copy of Generations on DVD (dad swore he didn't have any of the movies on DVD and I wanted to see Generations, and one day they had it on sale at the campus bookstore, so I bought it. Now I'm just waiting for them to get First Contact and Insurrection. If I want to see Nemesis I can borrow it from my friend, as well as seasons 6 and 7 of TNG.) As far as any memorabilia or decorations, all I have is a hand drawn picture of Data hanging on the bulletin board by my bed. :lol: