Modiphius Star Trek Adventures

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Dulak, Oct 1, 2017.

1. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good to hear! :)

No GenCon for me, unfortunately. Only way I can afford Shore Leave is because I live about 25 minutes away...

2. Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson Writer Premium Member

Shore Leave will be worth the trip. :) Chatting with my line manager and we might have some cool STA stuff for the con.

TJ Sinclair likes this.
  3. TJ Sinclair

So, Shore Leave's this coming weekend... anything going on? :)

4. Jim Johnson

Yep. There'll be an hour long STA panel on Saturday at noon (as of the latest schedule; time might change) and we'll discuss the game and field questions. I also have ~100 exclusive Khan miniatures to hand out to fans, and one copy of the core rulebook to give away in a number-draw sort of thing to one lucky audience member.

I'll also have the minis to give away at the meet the pros party on Friday night, so stop by my table and say hello and grab a mini.

If I have time, I might also try to run a demo of the game in the game room, but the con's not set up for a formal demo and I may be spending most of the con running from one panel to another. Happy to chat about the game, so look for me. :)

5. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Liking what's been released so far. When will there be additional sourcebooks released?

6. Jim Johnson

Command sourcebook and Beta quadrant books are out now; books for Sciences, Operations, Alpha, Gamma, and Delta quadrant books re forthcoming as well. Also a starter box set coming in November.

IIRC, the Operations book is next due out this fall, but I haven't heard a firm release date yet.

7. Mysterion

^^^
    Thanks. My local game provider has fallen down on the job, I think.

8. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I've been keeping an eye out for the books in my local store. I'd better pop back down.

9. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got the Command and Beta Quadrant books today. Good stuff .

Jim Johnson likes this.
  10. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

As I finish up what I'm writing on the Gamma Quadrant Book, something really struck me.

Gamma Quadrant societies have a thing for memory implantation. Vorta do it to themselves, Paradans do it to their replicants, Argrathi do it at least to their prisoners. They also like creating hyper-realistic simulations. Vorta did it to Sisko and crew, Rurigan the Yaderan masterfully created a permanent holographic simulation, and so did the Wadi with their Chula game. That's the majority of the civilizations that are alive in the GQ and seen onscreen (counting all of the Dominion member species as one civilization). And the dead Saltah'na civilization did both with their telepathic energy fields.

I sense a pattern here.Which GQ civilizations didn't do this sort of thing? The Rakhari? The Ennis and Nol-Ennis? The Skrreeans?

Desert Kris likes this.
  11. Mysterion

Liking what I've seen so far. Hoping Edoans and Caitians are added as player character races at some point.

Jim Johnson likes this.
  12. TJ Sinclair

Anything going on at Pax Unplugged? Anyone here going?

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

My first standalone adventure, "Call Back Yesterday," is now on sale. I'm surprised it took so long, but it's finally here.

Pauln6 likes this.
  14. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

That's really cool, @Christopher. I hadn't heard that you were doing one. I wonder if you could ever get to do a DTI adventure?

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

FYI, folks, my third STA campaign (forgot to post about the second one, The Gravity of the Crime) comes out today. It's called Hard Rock Catastrophe, and it's a Star Trek kaiju story! More info here (including a correction for a typo I made and didn't discover in time to fix pre-release, though it'll be pushed through to customers later on):

https://christopherlbennett.wordpre...rock-catastrophe-now-out-two-more-on-the-way/

Order here:
    I've also got a campaign in the Star Trek Adventures: Strange New Worlds: Mission Compendium Vol. 2 coming out a week from today, and another standalone PDF, Stolen Liberty, coming out Nov. 14.

Leto_II, Jim Johnson and TJ Sinclair like this.
  16. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've just started my own STAR TREK: ADVENTURES campaign and have been running it twice a week for the past couple of months. I must say that I'm really enjoying this work and it's been one of the best games I've played since 5th Edition Vampire: The Masquerade. My campaign is loosely based on STAR TREK: VANGUARD and STAR TREK: ONLINE despite being set in the 25th century.

So yes, this is a great system all round. Very robust. I think it's probably the best Star Trek RPG so far.

I'm borrowing heavily from the LIVING CAMPAIGN and may do the THESE ARE THE VOYAGES next.

Leto_II and Jim Johnson like this.