Modern Warfare2 General Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mistral, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hate akimbo weapons. Especially shotguns. They're just a cheap way of getting kills. People run around corners just firing them in case anyone is there, or they just camp in corners waiting for people to go by. Cheap and lazy.

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Bless you.:lol:

Yeah that's what its called, i got that with something called FMJ on those shot guns, god those are deadly weapons up close, just dont pull them out while running towards somebody who is at a distance, nothing worse than firing outside range while running towards somebody only for them to kill you with a knife throw at their leisure.:lol:

3. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

full metal jacket. i've got that on my M4 for my basic class and on my firepower class with a 203 attached.

4. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been running a stripped down P90 and ruling HC TDM lately. Last night my worst game was 17-10, out of 8 rounds. Dunno why I'm doing so good-but I actually fried a couple snipers with single-shots across the map with it...

5. captcalhoun

decided to give the RPD a go today. doing alright with it. up to 53 kills already, unlocked the foregrip and the RDS...

got promoted to Colonel, unlocked the Javelin and immediately switched the Stinger in my Firepower class for the Jav, first match i used it on, i got 3 kills with it, just in the 'mortar' mode...

6. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got my unlocks done for the MG240, which took way too long... crappy gun. I think that's all the unlocks for all the primary weapons. I think I've done all the regular pistols as well, but I have some machine pistols and shotguns still to do. I think you only need like 50 kills each so those should go pretty quick if I just focus on using those weapons.

For the FMJ 40 kills -> Extended Mags unlock on the MG240 I had to go back into hardcore hq pro... the last game was going pretty poorly, like 1 kill to 10 deaths on Overgrown, when I stumbled on my teammate getting killed waiting for his care package while we were defending the HQ. Normally I wouldn't steal the package, but since he wasn't respawning anytime soon, I avenged his death and took his package, which turned out to be a Chopper Gunner...

So yeah, that helped defend the HQ to the time limit and secure the next one and racked up probably 15 kills. After that I found my aim with that POS MG240, got my FMJ kills, and ended up earning a non care package Chopper Gunner of my own to secure the win and a healthy 54-20 kill/death as well.

7. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

picked this up again a few days ago, got ACR Mastery, considering if I want to switch up to the M16 or the F2000

8. Haggis and tatties

Well i have been trying to play free for all as I'm trying to complete the operations, but it seems to be plagued with groups of people playing together, i have been in a few games now and all i keep seeing are people in groups of 3/4 hanging around one point of the map and killing everybody, and for the first time ever i have seen the nuclear bomb go off 4 times already since starting to play this mode........WTF.

Cant get in the top 3 becuse of these buggers to complete this mode.

9. captcalhoun

set up an assault rifle with the 203 and noobtube the sods. that or set a class with either Javelin or AT4 and rocket them.

i'm up to Colonel I. finished the win 30 TDMs challenge and did 25 kills with mini-Uzi, 60 helos with Stinger and run 10 miles with marathon challenges...

10. Mistral

I stay out of this mode usually because of this. I only play it if I'm a little angry...then I stealth class and hunt the bastards down..last time I quietly ran up a 15 kill count and they suddenly noticed and started freaking. One guy tipped the other two and they hunted me. Bad move. I unlocked my Spas red dot hiding in a corner in Bailout because they were determined to get me...:evil:

I don't hide like that but 3v1 seemed only fair. Took #2. Thanked them and left after that round. Figured they had my number after that.

11. Haggis and tatties

I don't blame you, getting that operation was a nightmare, but i eventually got onto a game were everybody was actually playing free for all........so that leaves me " come top of a hardcore team death match", and guess what, that's right, its full of team killers.:rolleyes:

I think after about 10 team kills in a row you should be kicked from the game, plus seems to be that if your top of the scoreboards those at the bottom just give up half way through and start TK constantly, that's of course assuming your own team have not been killing each other from the start of the match.......this is going to be another operation you will just have to keep playing till you get lucky and find that one game were everybody is playing it correctly and you get a good round.

Its enough to test the patience of a person who spent 50 years in Tibet practising the art of patience, then wrote a book on the joys of patience, then spent their remaining years teaching patience to others, then retired to spend the rest of their days patient.:lol:

12. captcalhoun

i won one HC TDM and decided to stuff trying any more. i've not bothered with FFA either.

i'm not going to try getting all the challenges. i'll settle for just doing the M4, RPD, Stinger, AT4, Javelin, Mini-Uzi and grenade kill ones.

i set up a sniper class to get the Ghillie in the Mist challenge done. don't tend to do well with sniping. what's a good map for sniping on (OOTB only, not counting the DC ones)? i'm using the Barret Light 50 M82...

13. Mistral

Wasteland, Derail or Invasion.

14. Servo

I'd agree with the first two, but I've never found Invasion to be a great sniper map. It's ok for getting a few quick kills across the map at the start, but I find it all too easy to sneak around and pick off the other teams snipers.

Wasteland is a shooting gallery if you've got thermal sights unlocked and you're playing a core game. You're pretty much guaranteed to end up in the pluses on kills.

There are also some great sniping opportunities on Afghan, Estate, and Quarry.

15. Mistral

Invasion-climb into the 2cnd Humvee from the front of the convoy, crouch and watch the right side. Make sure your team knows this and covers middle courtyard and left road. There are 4 spots, the bathroom window , the overhang and the 2 crossroads down the way. My average score is 12-3, although I've gotten my "no death" achievement every prestige by doing this...

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Wasteland is the map where I went 33-0 (plus one assist) while sniping. :lol:

17. captcalhoun

i played a domination match on Terminal today and got 20 kills. including two 4-streaks!!!

i was using my RPD class.

last night i played a Ground War TDM on Sub Base and got 18 kills.

played a FFA on sub base today and got 11 and came fourth (curses!)

for some reason since Windows updated my Radeon drivers, i've suddenly got better, but not with the goddamn sniper rifle...

18. Servo

Me and a mate have a running competition between the two of us; who can get the most kills, who has the best k/d ratio, who has the best killstreak (his is 31, mine was 25)...

Was playing Sabotage on Salvage today, and was absolutely beasting it up. Got to 30-0, and my mate was (jokingly) panicking that I was gonna beat his streak. Some prick comes jumping round a corner, sets of my claymore which damages him, I hit him with a 3-round burst from my FAMAS too, he still didn't die, pumps one fucking round into me with his shitty shotgun, and I'm dead. One kill away from equalling his streak. Fucking fuming.

19. captcalhoun

[​IMG]

YAY ME!!!!!

my first ever top score!!

(helped that i hijacked an enemy crate and got a sentry gun :D)

20. Mistral

My team last night was not up to snuff. The enemy had talked serious smack in the lobby and I was getting annoyed. HC TDM on Scrapyard, and we were down 5 kills with :30. I launched a Predator via guesswork only(no targets visible) and it came down on 4 enemies, so I rushed over there and planted a claymore where I'd killed them, then ran away. With 3 seconds left-BOOM! a double kill and the win by one...

Good times....