MLB Offseason: All Rise for the Judge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I submit this for your perusal and further comment.

MLB may finally have a popular rule change with its new pitch clock
I maintain that the pitch clock is a solution desperately in search of a problem. Rule 6.02 specifically states that batters must keep one foot in the box at all times. The umpires simply refuse to enforce it.

Crack down on batters tapping dirt from their cleats and scratching their nuts after every pitch, and bingo, pace of play is fixed.

I maintain that the pitch clock is a solution desperately in search of a problem. Rule 6.02 specifically states that batters must keep one foot in the box at all times. The umpires simply refuse to enforce it.

Crack down on batters tapping dirt from their cleats and scratching their nuts after every pitch, and bingo, pace of play is fixed.

While I don’t like the idea of a pitch clock, I think the thought is to take umpire interpretation out of it.

I liked the pace of play just how it is.

giphy.gif

Corbin Carroll and the Diamondbacks agree to an eight-year, $111 million extension. He's only played 32 games and is still eligible for ROY.

Southland Conference suspends college umpire for retaliating against a player with a bad called third strike. Time for the MLB to promote him. He can be Angel Hernandez's understudy.

"Cowboy" Joe West was the one known for getting personal and confrontational.

The ump in that game is lucky the batter didn't bat him.

New York Mets closer Edwin Díaz, who closed out the game to send Puerto Rico to the quarterfinals of the WBC, had to be taken off the field in a wheelchair after he sustained a knee injury while celebrating the victory with his teammates.

It just had to be a Met.

He could have injured himself like that in the first game of the season, or even in spring training. But since it happened at the WBC, now we're gonna hear more whining from people about how it shouldn't even be held.

He could have injured himself like that in the first game of the season, or even in spring training. But since it happened at the WBC, now we're gonna hear more whining from people about how it shouldn't even be held.

Yeah, he tore his knee while bunny hopping. He could have done that going down the stairs. It's just a freak accident, nothing more. Back in 2012, Mariano Rivera had to miss the season because he blew up his knee while shagging fly balls in batting practice.

Yeah, he tore his knee while bunny hopping. He could have done that going down the stairs. It's just a freak accident, nothing more. Back in 2012, Mariano Rivera had to miss the season because he blew up his knee while shagging fly balls in batting practice.
You always said those home based injuries were the stupidest injuries ever, didn't you? Getting hurt celebrating isn't much smarter.

You always said those home based injuries were the stupidest injuries ever, didn't you? Getting hurt celebrating isn't much smarter.

Some of them (Jeff Kent crashing his motorcycle, John Smoltz trying to iron a shirt that he was wearing) are stupid. Others (Glenallen Hill crashing through a glass table because he had a dream he was covered in spiders, Adam Eaton stabbing himself in the gut trying to remove the security label from a DVD) are just funny.

But Diaz was literally just bunny hopping. This was a completely freak accident. It's not like he was over-exuberantly jumping around and doing acrobatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back