MLB Offseason: All Rise for the Judge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manny Machado said he was planning on opting out of the final five years (and $150 million) of his contract next year. Now the Padres are giving him a 11-year, $350 million extension.

With the new rules regarding the timing of the game will players still have enough time to use big walkup songs?

For example, will Edwin Diaz still be able to do this?

Tyler Glasnow is hurt again. He's never going to have a full healthy season as a starting pitcher.

Did anyone think the amount of money the Rockies gave Kris Bryant last year was a bigger WTF than the super contracts given to Eric Hosmer, Anthony Rendon, etc.? Especially since they traded Nolan Arenado to dump his salary (even throwing in $50 million), and then turn around and give more money to Kris Bryant?

Did anyone think the amount of money the Rockies gave Kris Bryant last year was a bigger WTF than the super contracts given to Eric Hosmer, Anthony Rendon, etc.? Especially since they traded Nolan Arenado to dump his salary (even throwing in $50 million), and then turn around and give more money to Kris Bryant?
Honestly...I don't give a fuck anymore. All of those contracts and owners crying poor and everything else in between is so meaningless at this point.

The Rockies owner literally complained that the Padres were making the rest of the owners look bad because they're actually paying players to stay competitive.

One of the gaikokujin on the Fighters' roster has posted his own preview of their new stadium:

On the off chance that the Asia Series were to make a return, perhaps the Fighters could set up an "On-Brand Stadium Series" with Taichung's Brothers. Or, once Rapidus assemble their recently-announced plant near New Chitose Airport, a "Semiconductor Series" with Tsinchu's Dragons...

-----

On a side note, is the 2023 World Baseball Classic going to be discussed here as it happens, or should there be a separate thread created for it once it's up and running?

Considering how injury prone he was with us, definitely a bigger risk than just paying some guy for diminishing returns.

Dangerous 'forever chemicals' were found in turf at the Philadelphia Phillies' old stadium after six former players died of same cancer, investigation finds.

An investigation into the deaths of six former Philadelphia Phillies players from the same type of brain cancer has found that the artificial turf where they played for years contains dangerous compounds commonly referred to as "forever chemicals."

Following former Phillies relief pitcher David West's death last year, reporters from the Philadelphia Inquirer purchased pieces of the AstroTurf available for sale online to have them tested for chemicals. The artificial turf was used for years and replaced several times at Veterans Stadium, where both the Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies played from 1971 to 2003.

6 isn't a large number, but could be more than a coincidence.

How is increasing the size of the bases supposed to help guard against injuries? I honestly don't understand the logic of it. :confused:

How is increasing the size of the bases supposed to help guard against injuries? I honestly don't understand the logic of it. :confused:

From what I understand reducing injuries is not the point, increasing action/scoring opps on the field is.

I guess the new and "improved" slogan will be, "Chicks dig the stolen base"

The eternal question will be, how many would Rickey Henderson have gotten*?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back