MLB Offseason 2023-24: The $700 Million Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Washington is your new Angels manager.

Phillies move on from Rhys Hoskins and move Bryce Harper to 1B.

Something really weird is going on with the Yankees. On Tuesday, Brian Cashman went on an expletive-filled tirade to reporters during a press conference, part of which included him saying that the Yankees have one of the smallest analytics departments in Major League Baseball.

At least as of August 27 of this year, the only team that had more full-time analysts and engineers than the Yankees was the Rays. And the Rays have 44 to the Yankees' 43.

What a curious thing to lie about.

Something really weird is going on with the Yankees. On Tuesday, Brian Cashman went on an expletive-filled tirade to reporters during a press conference, part of which included him saying that the Yankees have one of the smallest analytics departments in Major League Baseball.

At least as of August 27 of this year, the only team that had more full-time analysts and engineers than the Yankees was the Rays. And the Rays have 44 to the Yankees' 43.

What a curious thing to lie about.

Cashman on a bender?

Gunnar Henderson and Corbin Carroll are both unanimous rookie of the year winners.

The previous times that's happened:
Aaron Judge and Cody Bellinger
Nomar Garciaparra and Scott Rolen
Tim Salmon and Mike PIazza
Mark McGwire and Benito Santiago

The owners will let the bad owners get away with anything because they want to be able to get away with stuff too.

Apparently, the owners attached a potential large financial penalty to the A’s owners if they try to turn around and sell the team.

Zac Gallen 3rd in NL Cy Young voting.

I knew he wasn't going to win because of his inconsistent, shaky performance after the ASG, but I thought he had a better year than Logan Webb.

Here's to hoping he gets his bugs worked out next season. I think we have a chance to do a lot of damage in the NL with the rotation of Webb, Kelly, and Pfaadt, if they can all play up to their potentials.

The owners will let the bad owners get away with anything because they want to be able to get away with stuff too.

This is precisely it. The Brewers are doing it right now by bilking $550 million out of Wisconsin for a 22-year-old stadium, just as the Braves white-flighted out of Atlanta to get their cushy new stadium in Cobb County. And there will always be some new swindle that some owner is going to try to pull.

I'm a lifelong Cubs fan, and I think Rahm Emanuel was a terrible mayor of Chicago, but I will forever give Rahm credit for telling the Ricketts family to fuck off when they demanded that the city pay for the renovations of Wrigley Field. The Rickettses wound up paying for it out of their own pocket and ... guess what? They're still making money hand over fist! On a gameday, they're already in profit before the first person walks through the ticket gates.

Public money has no place in propping up private business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back