MLB 2023 Season: Rangers are going hunting for Snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fourth? Are you putting Avery ahead of him?

In 1993, absolutely (136 ERA+ to Smoltz's 111, with half of Smoltz's homers allowed and only 43 walks to Smoltz's 100 in the same number of games started).

Neagle was better than Smoltz in 1997 and Millwood smokes him in 1999, too.

Wow, Rangers up 8-2 in the top of the fourth.

I was not expecting the Rangers to jump all over Javier like that. He's been a postseason beast the last few years (0.82 ERA in 22 innings) and the Rangers came in and just beat the hell out of him.

Edit:
Do you watch a lot of Cubs games? I feel that way about Rick Sutcliffe. Sounds like a complete dipstick.

Not anymore. Six teams (Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals, Royals) are blacked out on MLB.tv in the entire state of Iowa, and YouTube TV dropped MLB Network, so I only see games that are on a national broadcast (so, Fox or ESPN). But I've seen enough clips to know that Boog Sciambi sucks, Joe Girardi sucks even more, Rick Sutcliffe is a drunk moron, and Jim Deshaies has to be going out of his mind with the three-man booth bullshit. Edit: You know Marquee Sports Network is a clown show of an organization when Len Kasper resigns from calling the television broadcasts of one of the most popular teams in the country to go call the White Sox on radio.

Last edited:
Astros were a HORRIBLE home team this year. This doesn't surprise me at all. I'm pretty sure Dusty won't be returning, so new manager time in Houston again soon.

Rangers were good at home, til the Astros came in for the ALCS.

Weird post-season so far. All three 100+ win teams out before the CS. Rangers winning the ALCS 100% on the road. Phillies really should have finished the D-Bags off, but it could go either way now.

PhillBillies 3a2.png

Not anymore. Six teams (Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals, Royals) are blacked out on MLB.tv in the entire state of Iowa, and YouTube TV dropped MLB Network, so I only see games that are on a national broadcast (so, Fox or ESPN). But I've seen enough clips to know that Boog Sciambi sucks, Joe Girardi sucks even more, Rick Sutcliffe is a drunk moron, and Jim Deshaies has to be going out of his mind with the three-man booth bullshit. Edit: You know Marquee Sports Network is a clown show of an organization when Len Kasper resigns from calling the television broadcasts of one of the most popular teams in the country to go call the White Sox on radio.
I don't hate Boog and JD, but they really are corporate brown-nosers, maybe more than any team specific announcers. I actually kinda like Girardi, at least he has some actual knowledge of the game. Boog has a great radio voice tho, to go along with his radio face & body ;)

Congrats to Texas and Bruce Bochy on his 4th visit to the World Series. What a legend that guy is. As for the Rangers, I'm rooting for them, but I'm really rooting for a Rangers/DBacks world series. Garcia had a legendary ALCS.

An 84-win team is going to the World Series.

Rangers / Diamondbacks? I'm praying for Meteor. At least the Phillies had an utterly insanely charming roster of himbos and beefy lads.

The Diamondbacks shut up a few haters tonight. Wow!

Fox executives are probably popping Maalox like it's candy right now. The ratings for the World Series are going to be rough; Phoenix and Arlington aren't exactly huge media markets.

I guess I have to cheer for the Diamondbacks, since I'm an NL guy at heart, and it would be nice to see Longo finally get a ring after having a career of quietly being very good, and I don't think he has too many more years left in the tank (he just turned 38 this month ... I turned 39 in July ... Jesus Christ). And he got revenge on the Phillies for 2008 in the process.

The MLB has a new world challenger the United Baseball league with F-U money. It is a new baseball league in the Middle East and Southeast Asia. They just had their first draft class...

https://www.baseballunited.com/news...ric-draft-new-dubai-based-professional-league

DUBAI, UAE (October 24, 2023) – Dubai-based Baseball United announced today the official results of the league’s first-ever Player Draft. Eighty players were selected, with 20 picks for each of the league’s founding franchises – the Mumbai Cobras, the Karachi Monarchs, and the league’s two UAE-based franchises, the Wolves and Falcons. The inaugural Draft was dominated by former Major League Baseball (MLB) players, with 91% of the first four rounds and 45% of the overall Draft selections having played at the MLB level.

Selections included former New York Yankees stars Robinson Cano and Didi Gregorius – both drafted by the Wolves – and three-time World Series Champion, Pablo Sandoval, drafted by the Falcons. Four-time MLB All-Star, Bartolo Colon, and four-time Gold Glove winner, Andrelton Simmons, were also among the top picks. Of the 80 total players drafted, 56 were originally drafted by MLB teams, with others playing in Japan’s Nippon Professional Baseball League (NPB), the Mexican League (LMB), the Dominican Republic Professional Baseball League (LIDOM), and other high-level international leagues.

Dusty Baker is retiring. A .540 winning % as a manager, plus a few pitcher's careers go with him into the sunset.

An 84-win team is going to the World Series.

Rangers / Diamondbacks? I'm praying for Meteor. At least the Phillies had an utterly insanely charming roster of himbos and beefy lads.
This is the second time 2 wildcard teams made it to the same WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back