MLB 2023 Season: Rangers are going hunting for Snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, there are card grading companies not Beckett? :lol:

I had a subscription to it when I was a kid, so it's all know.

Damn, that must've been after my time. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention.

81wf-S5-WUxp-L.jpg

Huh. That was my first major major year collecting and I have a lot of those Topps.

I had no idea that was going at that time.

Crazy that I'm learning about it 30 years later. :lol:

The only reason I started collecting baseball cards is because one of my grade school teachers was really into it. He would host after school sessions in his classroom for us to trade and also sell us complete sets at a discount. All that money flushed down the toilet. I suppose the actual act of collecting and trading and all the memories from it being a social event are worth something..... but not worth that much. Pretty sure I won't be able to retire selling my Will Clark and Jim Abbott cards.

In a seven-inning game, the Angels AA affiliate the Rocket City Trash Pandas gave up seven runs in the top of the seventh and lost 7-5..... while also throwing a no-hitter.

Rocket City pitchers walked five, hit four batters and threw a run-scoring wild pitch in the seventh inning and were hurt by a dropped fly ball with the bases loaded on what would have been the final out.

The Rays are now 9-0, with a +47 run diff and a few blowouts including b2b 11-0 games.

Of course they've played Detroit, DC and Oakland, the bottom 3 teams in the MLB.

Last week University of Indianapolis pitcher Brady Ware threw a no-hitter and hit for the cycle in the same game.

Luis Arraez has become the first Marlin to hit cycle in franchise history...completing it with a single.

I'm really surprised he's the first Marlin to ever do that. They've have had a lot of great hitters in the past 30 years (gods, I feel old).

In moments like this, I would much rather the fans be the ones to sing the anthem, rather than calling upon a guest vocalist, or vocalists, to sing it in their place:

As for the home opener itself:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back