News Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1 TRAILER released

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by jbohn, May 25, 2022.

1. jbohn

jbohn Commander Red Shirt

A trailer for Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1 has been released. Looks very interesting! Film release is 2023.

TRAILER

1987SpaceGuy and shapeshifter like this.
  2. Bad Father Christmas

Bad Father Christmas I Am Not A Merry Man! Moderator

Looks awesome. Love the remix of the main theme, and that musical build up to the silent jump is fantastic.

I have no idea why Hunt keeps working for the IMF when they constantly disavow him and his team, don't trust them no matter how many times they've saved the world, or just outright act as adversaries or a hindrance to the mission. Now they've got Director Dickhead from the first movie to give Hunt more shit. I'd just say "Fuck you, man. I'll do this myself" which is what he almost always ends up having to do anyway because the IMF has trust issues.

Although, I guess since half the bad guys turn out to be former IMF or other agents gone rogue, maybe they have a point. Or maybe they should vet their agents better.

I hope Rebecca Ferguson's Ilsa is just straight on their side the whole time instead of having to play both sides or having conflicting motives again.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    1987SpaceGuy likes this.
  3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw it during Top Gun Maverick. It is crazy it’s still 14 months away.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

It looks great but I don't want people saying it's outdoing Bond when I count at least three, if not more, things Bond's already done (some of them decades ago)

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I love this series and I think it just keeps getting better. The small caveat is that I don’t think 5 (Rogue Nation) was quite as good as 4 (Ghost Protocol) but 6 (Fallout) was better than either. I love how they’re bringing this full circle by bringing back Hunt’s antagonist from the first film. I wish I was watching this movie in 5 seconds…

Starkers likes this.
  6. thribs

It’s outdoing modern Bond I would say. The last few of those movies haven’t been as interesting as these movies.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking the same thing, from the trailer it looks like she's an actual member of the IMF team.
    The trailer was awesome, and these movies have been great lately, so I'm really excited for this one.
    I think this is one of the few series, other than maybe Fast/Furious, where the later movies have actually been better than the early ones.
    The scenes with the horses out in the desert would probably explain why Pom Klementieff and Hayley Atwell both posted pictures from the same horse ranch on Instagram while they were filming.

Bad Father Christmas likes this.
  8. thribs

They also look like they are finally a couple as well