Miscellaneous Street - The Soap Opera

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Miss Chicken, Oct 17, 2010.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

RJD walks up and down Misc Street, hurricane winds blowing through his hardly-gray-at-all hair, carrying an ancient bronze shield covered with ancient Norse runes. He stops in front of each building and recites the Spell of Yggdrasil, accompanied by Captain Ice on the Jorvik panpipes. The spell causes thick protective barriers of ashen wood to quickly grow over the windows of the buildings.

"Have we missed anyone?"

2. AriesIV

AriesIV Lieutenant

"THIS is Ernie Plopski with BBS News reporting live from Misc Street! As you can see the wind is intense here and there appears to be hail and frequent lightening! Power has been reported out throughout the entire area and a FLOOD WARNING is now in effect for Moderator Creek which runs through Downtown.

You'd have to be NUTS to be out in weather like this so seek shelter inside your house or dwelling and wait for the situation to clear before venturing out. This is Ernie Plopski with BBS news signing off."

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Plopski." MLB spits. "Hasn't changed a bit, has he? It rains more than a drop and he freaks. No wonder he got kicked off our high school football team."

4. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

The Crazy Cat Lady and all her cats head into the blue box and take off for the beautiful beach planet.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ We blew up the blue box, don't you remember? ;)

6. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Yes, but the real Miss Chicken whistled and an older version from a different point in time heard it and came to her.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Use that thing to go other places all you want - but move one millisecond out of time and you'll bring down temporal agents and alternate copies and grey aliens and whatnot again. Then we'll be having our first Misc Street Witch Hunt, m'kay?:borg:

The hail storm picks up in intensity. The wind takes down a power line, plunging everything into darkness (for the 50th time this month). Daniel, Soda and Jenee retreat to the basement...

"Oh shit, Jen... the temporal agents!" cries Daniel, spotting the pair of chained-up corpses from a few disasters ago, "I totally forgot about them! I thought they'd vanished when the timeline reset, but they must've belonged to this universe! If I'd known, I'd have fed them!"

Daniel quickly unchains the two dead agents, drags them upstairs and dumps them outside, hoping they'll be carried away by the wind.

8. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    *points at Daniel who is currently holding onto a nearby treetop and then at the holes in the windows of the apartment over the coffee shop made by the two dead bodies being flung into them.*

You know RJ, these Jorvik Panpipes aren't so bad. Heck of a lot lighter than that Pantasican Flute I was going to use. The spell takes effect quite quickly too.

For additional protection, I still think we ought to use that Thentithican Harp and protection spell.

9. RJDiogenes

"Sure, let's bring out the big guns."

* Taking a coil of rope out of his backpack, RJD lassos Daniel and drags him down from the treetop. Then he spells up some ashen wood over the broken windows over the coffee shop. *

"We'll worry about those putrefying corpses in your bedroom later. Right now we have to get you back to your basement."

* Drags Daniel across the street against the wind. *

10. Captain Ice

Ice "Why do you insist on doing things the hard way?"

*Takes a ring out of his pocket, puts it on, and points it at Daniel.The ring glows and Daniel vanishes.*

RJD "Kewl. Where will he rematerialize?"

Ice "I dunno. I haven't finished reading the manual yet. He could be in his basement, he could be underwater, or he could be on a mountaintop in Tibet. By the way, how do you like those Taurian Gravity Boots I gave you to wear? I can get you a good deal on them."

11. AriesIV

AriesIV Lieutenant

[inside of a Chinese glass factory]

XAHN: What the! You no work here!

Daniel: Yeah I was on Misc street then I blinked and ---

XAHN: YOU GO BACK. NOW! *points ominous looking rod at Daniel*

Daniel
    : O__O

*KER-ZOTT*

12. Captain Ice

*Ice and RJD are looking at the manual for Ice's ring and fiddling with the controls*

RJD "No, no, no. It says that to set it, you twist the crown counterclockwise while holding the ruby down."

*Ice grumbles but complies*

*KER-ZOTT*

Daniel: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

*Crash. RJD looks up.*

RJD: "Crap. Looks like it didn't work to well. Daniel's back in the tree."

Ice: "Well, let's try it again, then." *Ice points the ring at Daniel and activates it again. Again the ring glows and Daniel vanishes.*

RJD: "Did you even look at where you were sending him this time?"

Ice: "No clue. Let's look." *Ice opens the manual and reads, then looks at the ring.* "Alcatraz."

RJD: "Hope he likes to swim."

13. RJDiogenes

"Maybe you should check the Index for 'Undo.'"

* A particularly harsh gust of wind roars down the street, ripping three limbs from the tree. RJD sways for a moment, but stays firmly planted to the ground. *

"How much for the boots?"

14. AriesIV

AriesIV Lieutenant

[On Alcatraz Island]

Daniel: O_o

TOUR-GUIDE: Excuse me where is your badge?

Daniel
    : o_O

TOUR-GUIDE: I do not tolerate line-jumpers!

DANIEL: o_o

TOUR-GUIDE *branishes necklace pendent* BACK TO WHEREVER YOU CAME!!

Daniel: O__O "Not the tree again... PLEASE!

KER-ZOTT

15. Jenee

Jenee Dancing Goddess Premium Member

Jenee's been texting Daniel for hours, but he isn't responding. So, she's getting angry.

16. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

*sticks fingers in ears* "I'm ignoring all the space-time contiuumimumum crap going on! Not listening! LALALALALALALALA...."

"No, Moonbeam, darling, you can't go out to fly your kite. Yes, I know that nice cafe man is back in the tree. No, I don't know why he keeps disappearing. Now stick your fingers back in your ears and say LALALALALALALA with th rest of us, schnugglewoopkins."

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

As he felt himself warping away again, Daniel grabbed the tour guide. He's the guy in the tree, holding on for dear life during the tornado. But where did Daniel end up...?

He awakens in a deep hole. It's cold. Very, very cold. He climbs up out of the hole... it's so bright... there's only whiteness...

His eyes adjust.

He's standing in the middle of the arctic. He can see for miles in every direction - and there's nothing. He's all alone in the middle arctic.

And he left his phone in Alcatraz. Not that he'd ever get a signal out here, anyway.

:scream:"Oh... you... MOTHERFU:censored:!!!!":scream:

18. Jenee

Jenee Dancing Goddess Premium Member

Jenee is started to get really worried (and really pissed off) about Daniel. It can't possibly take all day to dispose of a couple of bodies. "Stay here, Soda. I'll be right back." As she struggles with the door, both pushing and pulling against the wind, she notices RJ and Captain Ice in the street looking both shocked and guilty at the same time. She looks in the direction they're looking and sees some guy at the top of a tree hanging on for dear life.

Suddenly suspicious, Jenee heads in RJ and Captain Ice's direction. "The look" on Jenee's face is enough even to quell the wind.

19. Captain Ice

Ice (to RJ): "Oh, they're only $36,000"

RJD: "I like, I like."

*Sensing a disturbacne in the air, RJ and Ice look up to see Jenee storming at them*

RJD: "Uh-oh. This can't be good."

Ice: "She's probably just looking for Daniel, but she looks pissed. What should we do?"

RJD: "I've got an idea. Here, let me see that ring."

*Ice hands the ring to RJD, who puts it on and then fiddles with it. RJD then points the ring at Jenee, who disappears.*

RJD: "There, that should send her to wherever Daniel currently is."

Ice: "I don't think so. You fiddled with things that I had not touched. Give it to me and I'll check the manual and see where you sent her."

*RJD hands the ring to Ice, who is looking the ring over and checking the manual. Ice starts roaring in laughter.*

Ice: (as he gets the laughing under control) "Nice try. Do you want to know where you DID send her?"

RJD: "I have to admit that I am a bit intrigued now. Where?"

Ice: "I hope she enjoys heat....and a ton of dust. She's in Pompeii."

20. RJDiogenes

(^^ You really have my characterization down pat.)

RJD: "See, this is why we should stick with arcane occult spellcasting until technology becomes sufficiently advanced to be indistinguishable from magic."