Contest: ENTER Misc Avatar Contest: Celebrating 55 Years of Star Trek!

Avro Arrow

Vice Admiral
So the 55th anniversary of the Star Trek franchise is coming up on September 8 (or on September 6 if you're Canadian! :D ). Since presumably a large number of us originally made it to the board because of Star Trek, I thought it might be nice to observe the occasion in this week's avatar contest!

Of course, this is the Misc avatar contest, so we cannot use entries from the shows themselves. So let's focus on all those people who brought the shows to life! That can be any of the many performers who portrayed or voiced the various characters, but it can also be any of the directors, producers, writers, designers, special effects people, costumers, composers, etc., who had a hand in crafting the franchise we know and love!

Standard avatar rules apply: entries must be no larger than 200 x 200 pixels, and 1 MB. All entries must be SFW. No media images are allowed, with the exception of documentary and news sources. (If you enter a performer, the image must be from a behind-the-scenes photo, or a publicity still, or some other picture that is not taken from an episode or movie, Star Trek or otherwise.) Please identify the subject(s) of your image. Since we are celebrating the franchise as a whole, anyone who worked on any of the shows or movies is OK--it doesn't just have to be the original series. Each entrant may enter up to three avatars. Contest will be open for about a week.

As an example, here is my first entry:

star-trek-55-years-av.jpg

Dorothy C. Fontana, writer and story editor on both the original series and the animated series, writer and Associate Producer on The Next Generation, and writer on Deep Space Nine

Have fun! :techman:

Vic Perrin (Metron voice in "Arena," Nomad's voice in "The Changeling," Halkan leader in "Mirror, Mirror").
AGYVwDn.jpg

Shatner and Nimoy take a reading break on location.
G0UgTD0.jpg

Susan Oliver, everyone's favorite Green Girl.
dK9TyKF.jpg

Last call! I plan to post the poll in around 24 hours, give or take, if anyone else wants to play!

Here are my other two entries:

star-trek-55-years-av2.jpg

Gene L. Coon, writer and producer on the original series, who established much of the fictional Star Trek universe as we know it

star-trek-55-years-av3.jpg

Ira Steven Behr, writer and producer on The Next Generation, and writer, producer, and eventual showrunner on Deep Space Nine

Back