Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I play on the 360. Considering the amount of time I've wasted on that version, I can only imagine the PC version would lead to a complete financial downfall as I couldn't be pulled away from it and would lose my job. :D

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, right. I must have missed the fact that you're playing it on the 360, hehe.

3. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A little something my daughter made.

[​IMG]

4. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool. Got an Easter Island vibe.

5. Owain Taggart

Awww, that's cute :)

6. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I hate this game soooooo much. Found an neat place to build underneath a huge tunnel using the "Dead Mau5" seed and spent 4 hours playing last night with a friend when I should have been sleeping.

I totally don't understand how gardening works so she came in to help me out, setting up irrigation canals and everything. Sugarcane everywhere! :wtf: :lol:

7. Owain Taggart

If anyone's interested in getting maps of their world, I found a really great tool called MCMap Live. This one's for the Mac, but there is a Windows Port. With most Minecraft map tools like MCMap, you don't get to see anything until the render, which can be slow and boring, but this tool uses the MCMap engine and renders it in realtime, allowing you to explore, zoom in and out and peel layers back. It's also fun to use.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/51199-mcmap-live-simple-fast-minecraft-mapping-for-mac-os-x/

Minemapper: Windows port

8. Cutter John

If you need advice on gardening or anything else Sheep, just give us a shout.

Meanwhile, my quest to herd mooshrooms across the world continues. boating from island to island. No idea how long til we hit the coast.

9. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

You should give us occasional journal entries and screenshots of your travels.

Sheep, do come join us! Just for a little! :angel:

10. Kestra

Apologies for the double post, but I wanted to post some screenshots. Sticks told me to build something on his island and is shockingly lax in his standards for what I build, so I was free to make whatever I wanted. I have been experimenting with a more "modern" style of building lately. I don't really have a plan, but it's turning into a resort of some sort. Keep in mind this is a work in progress!

The front of the building:
    [​IMG]

The interior, first floor:

[​IMG]

Infinity pool of sorts:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Shots of the first beach house I tried making in a modern style (had lots of helps from sticks and even fonzo on the pier for this one):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Cutter John

Looks like you're getting into it now Kes. good job!

Here are a couple. Not much to see but moo's and water as I island-hop across the world. :)

[​IMG]

As soon as I hit an island, I build a little corral.

[​IMG]

Underway at last.

[​IMG]

Say hello boys.

As you can tell, I updated the moo skin. Its odd that the mushrooms use a different lighting scheme than mobs.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  12. Cutter John

13. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

What "different lighting scheme" is that?

Love the texture!

14. Cutter John

Just that the mushrooms seem to be in shadow while the cows are brightly lit. Probably just the MC engine.

15. Owain Taggart

Those Mooshrooms look like they'd enjoy a party, as they're a bunch of fungi!

16. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

That's probably a bug since the mushrooms are 2D billboards, not texture-mapped polygons like the rest of the mob.

17. Kestra

I love the mooshroom trek across the ocean!

I've been working on moving a few walls in town, putting up some new signs, adding roads, that sort of thing. We have some new citizens plus I just kind of want to do a city beautification project.

Anyway, I don't want to step on any toes so if you have any complaints, feel free to tell me! Also BJ, feel free to move the wall back. I wasn't sure how far back you wanted to build and didn't want to overwhelm you with space.

18. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to move it for me! Haven't got much done yet, just an entry way so far.

19. Owain Taggart

I can already tell it's going to be an epic build. I can just picture a castle sticking out from the mouintain.

20. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes fellow minecrafters, that indeed is a zombie riding in a moving minecart.

[​IMG]