Michael’s Art Challenge Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Michael, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Michael

Michael Le modérateur de fanart Moderator

Nah, that's just your dirty mind. :shifty:

Thanks for the nice words. :)

Thank you! Yeah, that's exactly what I was going for. A picture at which you could stare and discover little gags and references. I only wish I could have worked more into it.

You know, you are right. I was going off my memory, but looking at pictures now, Chester's definitely not orange like Spot. I made it grey now and tried to hint at the white underbelly and nose.

[​IMG]

Orac and Scribble like this.
  2. Finn

Finn Vice Admiral Admiral

I really like the little details. Kira’s mug, the orb box, Garak’s measuring tape, and Sisko’s baseball.

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

Probably an old hat for many here, but I just learned of the existence of a free little program called MagicaVoxel. It's a voxel (3D pixel) editor with a neat rendering engine and it seems pretty easy to learn. For a first try the results look kind of nice …

[​IMG]

EDIT: And another angle …

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Orac, Finn, Cyfa and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cyfa

Cyfa Captain Captain

That looks like quite a fun and easy (relatively) program to play around with. I hope you'll show us more of your models when/if you continue using it? (I'm kind of tempted to have a go, but all the technical installation stuff has put me off - I'm gazing at my nice, friendly pencil crayons as I type this :lol:)

5. Michael

Gladly. This is just too much fun. I'm already thinking abouth a ton of other stuff I'd like to model.

On OS X the installation was really a non-issue. Not sure how it compares to setting it up under Windows, though. The program itself seems super easy to me. And I say that as someone with no background in 3D modeling, only what I know about 2D pixel images in Photoshop.

Here's my version of the Tricorder …

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cyfa likes this.
  6. Michael

Still having fun with this … :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

publiusr, Orac and Scribble like this.