MeTV network broadcasts TOS, October 1

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Jeri, Sep 18, 2011.

1. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Located my local MeTV...and they will be doing the same things on Saturdays..

Bliss..

JOY!!

2. cblmc1296

cblmc1296 Commander Red Shirt

Uggghh! Not carried by my cable system. FAIL!

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Sounds like it's time to break out the rabbit ears and watch it old school! :techman:

4. dmcco01

dmcco01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Trek, Batman AND Lost in Space? Squeeeeeeeeeee! Trembling with excitement!

5. HGN2001

HGN2001 Captain Captain

And VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA.

Harry

6. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

My broadcast channel claimed to be airing remasterd episodes at 9 pm starting this Saturday.

7. cblmc1296

Is anything even "broadcast" in that manner anymore? It's been 33 years since the last time I didn't have cable. I'm outta' touch.

8. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Timing is everything!

9. BillJ

Yep. Having a Tivo box, I have twin RF inputs in the back. One for cable the other for my antenna. You'd be surprised how clean 'over-the-air' digital signals are. :techman:

10. Kamdan

Kamdan Commander Red Shirt

I don't think my cable provider will be carrying this channel. It's a damn shame, because the line up reminds back when I was a kid and these shows were all over the place in syndication. That's how I first caught Star Trek and I remember watching The Wild Wild West and The Green Hornet with my grandpa.

11. Jptrekker

Jptrekker Captain Captain

The closest MeTV affilate to Portland Oregon is in Medford almost 300 miles away, with a decent set of mountains in between. Pretty much hopeless for antenna reception. Hopefully some local station will add this station to their multicast soon!

That saturday night lineup looks like fun!

12. cblmc1296

Hmmm... I may have to investigate this further. ;)

13. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Just FYI, I heard back from MeTV-Chicago in a short email; the time slot they give is Central, so adjust the schedule for Sat. evening, 10/1. It's the same as Harry posted.

14. Scrambo

Scrambo Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sounds like a great channel. Wish we had something like that here in uk. Sci-fi or whatever it calls itself now used to have some really good shows from 50's & 60's then they stopped and became rubbish.

15. BillJ

Set up a 'season pass' on TiVo. I'm such a sucker for Star Trek, already own it on Blu-ray. :lol:

16. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aside from Trek, my favorite fricking TV show ever! I have all the DVDs of course, but I still love catching episodes on the air.

I live for this kind of programming line up and - of course - it's not available in my area. By the time we get it, it'll be totally different and awful. It always happens that way. You'd think a huge market like NYC would have everything, but the competition is so fierce, there's seemingly no place for good, classic TV.

17. Jeri

ssosmcin, I am so sorry to hear that; I just told a friend in New Jersey about it, and she was really excited. It looks like there is no station by her either. :(

Me, too. :D And two kinds of DVD. Plus, we had the HDTV set. Pathetic.

(Somebody bought our TOS on HDTV set, believe it or not. My husband sold it on Amazon recently.)

18. Jeri

Did you see it? I watched the whole thing on broadcast; it was cut and with commercials, but fun watching with other fans. And it's easier than digging out the blu-rays. I still get a buzz from it after all these years.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was going to be on late, so I TiVo'd it. Will check on it today.

19. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

It is true, easier than watching the blu-rays.

20. BillJ

Yeah I watched it. Chopped up pretty bad and some weird spots for commercials. But it was fun to watch Trek on a good old fashioned OTA station. Reminded me of childhood. :techman: