Spoilers Meet the bridge crew of the USS Titan-A

Cool!
I remember back in 2008 when I printed a page with the images of the crew/aliens of the novel USS Titan.
Decades later now we have the Titan-A. I wonder if there could be room for a Star Trek: Titan (Seven of Nine) spinoff series?
Yes, but if the Titan gets destroyed (highly likely going from the trailer!), then Seven will need a new ship to Captain… a new Enterprise. :D

Yes, but if the Titan gets destroyed (highly likely going from the trailer!), then Seven will need a new ship to Captain… a new Enterprise. :D
Whoa wait what the ship gets DESTROYED? I only saw regular battle sequences?!

Anyway, if the ship gets destroyed and Captain Hansen receives its successor...it's gotta be the Titan-B.
Titan class.jpg

Lt Matthew Arliss Mura is Bajoran, but I'm guessing he's also part human? Matthew and Arliss are human names, and given they later refer to him as "Lt Mura" in his blurb, I'd say he doesn't follow Bajoran naming conventions.

For that matter, do we have any indications of Bajorans having middle names?

Lt Matthew Arliss Mura is Bajoran, but I'm guessing he's also part human? Matthew and Arliss are human names, and given they later refer to him as "Lt Mura" in his blurb, I'd say he doesn't follow Bajoran naming conventions.

It's interesting, yes. He could have been raised by humans, a la Worf. Or if his family fled Bajor to Earth during/just after the occupation, they might have assimilated into the local culture.

So I'm guessing the new Stargazer gets blown to smithereens so that the focus can be on the Titan.

Shame. That was a gorgeous set.

Oh, hell no! Come on, Trek writers. Be more creative than that Q inspired drivel.

Yeah, I hope in this instance they avoid the easy fan service.

Whoa wait what the ship gets DESTROYED? I only saw regular battle sequences?!

Anyway, if the ship gets destroyed and Captain Hansen receives its successor...it's gotta be the Titan-B.
View attachment 32679

you assume Commander Hansen/Commander of Nine makes it to the end of the season alive and kicking. I wouldn’t guarantee anyone is safe.

I can’t recall ever hearing a middle name for a Bajoran. But that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. I would just assume he’s half human.

I'm thinking there may be shades of Captain Quint (Robert Shaw) in the character.
:shrug:

Quint was clear that he wouldn't stand to be undermined on his own ship - "Yeah, it's your charter, it's your party. It's my vessel.", "You're on board my vessel, I'm mate, master, pilot and I'm captain." - but I'd hope that's all they've got in common. Otherwise we get to look forward to Capt. Shaw being literally swallowed alive by his worst fears.

...wait, that could be kind of cool, actually. :D

Quint was clear that he wouldn't stand to be undermined on his own ship - "Yeah, it's your charter, it's your party. It's my vessel.", "You're on board my vessel, I'm mate, master, pilot and I'm captain." - but I'd hope that's all they've got in common. Otherwise we get to look forward to Capt. Shaw being literally swallowed alive by his worst fears.

...wait, that could be kind of cool, actually. :D

And he calls everyone "Old man"... :devil:

you assume Commander Hansen/Commander of Nine makes it to the end of the season alive and kicking. I wouldn’t guarantee anyone is safe.

Kill off a popular legacy character (that almost died last season) for a nobody?

I don't think so.

If anyone's going to get the axe, it'll be one of the TNG crew (this is supposed to be THEIR last outing):

• Worf? (Would like nothing better than to die a warrior's death.)
  • Riker? (It would cut Picard to the quick.)
  • Beverly? (Tragic. See entry for Riker above.)

Last edited:
Kill off a popular legacy character (that almost died last season) for a nobody?

I don't think so.

If anyone's going to get the axe, it'll be one of the TNG crew (this is supposed to be THEIR last outing):

• Worf? (Would like nothing better than to die a warrior's death.)
  • Riker? (It would cut Picard to the quick.)
  • Beverly? (Tragic. See entry for Riker above.)

I wouldn't count on young Ensign LaForge being safe either. Want to rip out some heartstrings and sow some discord? Have Picard able to save Data's "daughter", but be unable to protect Geordi's.

Of course she will survive. Season 3 is a backdoor pilot for a Seven led 25th century show. The powers that be are absolutely going to capitalise on the demand for a 25th century series set on a Federation Starship and the fact that Seven is arguably one of the most popular characters from 90's trek.

I wouldn't count on young Ensign LaForge being safe either. Want to rip out some heartstrings and sow some discord? Have Picard able to save Data's "daughter", but be unable to protect Geordi's.

Geordi has TWO daughters serving on Titan (there's also Alandra LaForge, played by Levar's RL daughter Mica Burton).

Force Geordi to make Sophie's Choice (have him choose which daughter survives).

Back