Mass Effect: ANDROMEDA

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by HotRod, Jun 15, 2015.

1. JD

JD Admiral Admiral

Unless they're absolutely ridiculous, like eyes popping out of their heads or mouths totally out of syn with the dilogue, I tend to not even notice the kinds of animation issues you guys are talking about, so I don't see that bother. Everything I've seen looks great, so I'm definitely getting this on Tuesday.

HotRod likes this.
  2. HotRod

HotRod Captain Captain

I just spent a couple hours on the 2nd planet you visit. Don't think the smile left my face. The Tempest is awesome and driving the Nomad is actually enjoyable. Exploration is finally back in Mass Effect!

BillJ and LeadHead like this.
  3. Tetragrammaton Invictus

Tetragrammaton Invictus I like the new Doctor Premium Member

So the Nomad IS better then both the Mako and the Hammerhead?

4. BillJ

BillJ Fleet Admiral Admiral

It has downloaded to my Xbox One. But I can't play it yet! :wah:

5. HotRod

HotRod Captain Captain

Aside from being unarmed, yes! It handles like it actually has weight to it, which makes it much more fun to drive.

6. Tetragrammaton Invictus

Tetragrammaton Invictus I like the new Doctor Premium Member

Oh that is good. Because I hated to bits the Mako but the rest of the game was fantastic. The Hammerhead was another one that annoyed me. It sometimes lost control, or rather I did and it will be nice if we have something that actually feels good to drive.

I'll still be waiting a few months to buy this though. Not an early adopter.

7. John Clark

John Clark Commodore Commodore

The spinning heads on extendable necks on Dragon Age: Origins were fun too, though I think it only happened once for me.

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

A tweet from Total Biscuit...

Most people don't seem to be aware that Andromeda is not developed by Bioware, but a sub studio formed in 2009 to do grunt work for the main devs that has never made a full game before themselves. Explains a few things and demonstrates how using the strength of a brand like Bioware to market a title can be a double-edged sword. People expect a certain level of quality from a studio like that and when they don't get it in some areas of the game they get loud about it.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Mixed reviews so far, though leaning more towards positive than negative...

No companion customization :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: :brickwall: WTF?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  10. HotRod

HotRod Captain Captain

Those aren't too bad. If anything it simply says it's a good game that falls slightly short when compared to its predecessors.

BillJ likes this.
  11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The reviews on average are pretty analogous to what I would give the game after roughly 6-7 hours.

Of course that means it's a classic 70s or 7/10 kind of game - people are going to have wildly differing reactions to it. Personally, I'm enjoying it a lot.

Especially the noticeable nods to the first game.

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Admiral

Just realized it'll only be available on the 23rd here in Europe and i'm booked solid until Sunday which will be a good 3 days of availability but non gaming time for me :weep::wah:

I need some booze now.. :sigh:

13. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm actually totally fine with this. Having to spend time crafting armor/weapons for all your companions to keep them in tip top shape in Inquisition became tedious as hell.

14. JD

JD Admiral Admiral

After seeing the reviews, I've decided to hold off for now. There are a lot of games I've been wanting to check out that I haven't gotten to yet, so I'll probably go for one of those for now. I was really in the mood for something new and different, and it sounds like this is just more of the same, but not done quite as well. I'm definitely going to get it eventually, but I'll probably wait for it to clear up to technical issues and to go down in price.

15. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Am holding off too...

This month I've seen Wildlands and Mass Effect the two games I wanted the most in 2017 launch to mixed reviews and I've brought neither. I will get ME:A once I know DLC plans and the release of patches to fix issues.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  16. BillJ

Played for about 45 minutes this morning, feels like "Mass Effect" to me.

LeadHead and HotRod like this.
  17. John Clark

John Clark Commodore Commodore

It'll probably be a few days before I get to play (after installation anyway) but I picked up the first of the tie-in novels this morning.

I don't know if it's necessary, but I guess it works as an introduction to some of the non-ground team. It's ok so far.

18. BillJ

I do dislike that you can't save during 'Priority Missions', that is putting a real damper on my enthusiasm as sometimes I only have twenty minutes or so to play.

19. JD

JD Admiral Admiral

You can't save at all during Priority Missions? That sounds really aggravating.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I really don't understand needless idiotic decisions like that from Devs.

Better patch that.

BillJ likes this.