Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Camren

Camren Commodore Commodore

This was a no-brainer for me.
    I really liked Legion but the Geth have been a pain in the ass for years and even in ME3 they STILL turned on me despite saving them in the previous game. On the other hand I never met a Quarian I didn't like. So Geth go bye-bye for me. Sorry for Legion though, who has an equally sad death as Tali does (if you choose to side with the Geth).

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Simple just choose to save both

3. Camren

I would have if I could, probably picked the wrong dialogue option somewhere. I'll try to rectify that in my next play through.

4. Hartzilla2007

half of it is making sure the Legion and Tali are both loyal and still alive in Mass Effect 2, you have to have resolved their fight in ME 2 with both still being loyal.

The other half is doing both side mission before this one and saving the admiral that doesn't want to kill the Geth, you also need 4 bars of reputation

Also how you resolve Legion's loyalty mission may or may not affect if you can do it or not.

And even then you have to let Legion upload the data to kick it off and if you did everything a paragon or renegade option to get the Quarians to back off should show up.

So it isn't easy but worth it if you can pull it off.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If I had to choose...

I'd choose the geth over the quarians. The quarians started the war against the geth in the first place. They weren't the victims; they were the aggressors. And they rightfully got their asses kicked.

Plus I'd rather have the geth in a fight than the quarians. Geth don't have to worry about infections, and they don't use ships originally designed for civilian use.

Of course, in the game I got both sides work together because that's the ideal resolution. But if I absolutely had to pick between the two, I'd go with the geth, easily.

6. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't trust that what the Geth showed Shepard while he was in the consensus was anything other than propaganda. The Geth may have let the last few million Quarian survivors flee Rannoch, but before that they killed billions of civilians, and they never bother to account for such an atrocious death-toll. The truth of what happened during the Morning War is probably somewhere between the claims made by both the Geth and the Quarians.

Since the Quarians were the only one of the two not to side with the Reapers at any point, I chose to spare them.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

If it came down to it, I'd side the the quarrians. Not because I don't trust the Geth or because I don't believe that the ancient quarrians brought their exile on themselves (I do and they did), but because Tali is my favourite character and I just couldn't do that to her.

...I probably will eventually though as I have about a dozen saves to import. ;)

8. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Commodore Commodore

I don't think it was propaganda, the Geth have only ever acted in self-defence. The Quarians essentially wanted to commit genocide which is what caused the morning war and the Geth only sided with the Reapers in response to the Quarians starting another war, one that caused their intelligence to be diminished. The only reason why the Quarians can be wiped out if you side with Legion is because they once again attempt to exterminate the Geth, if you convince the Quarians to back off the Geth welcome them with open arms despite everything that they have done. Another thing that annoys me about the ending, you can’t point out any of this to the star child! In this case not only did synthetics and organics make peace it was actually the organics that were the aggressors and not the other way around!

9. Hartzilla2007

I believe someone crunched the number and found you get more points from the Geth than the Quarians

10. TheGodBen

I don't think self defence covers genocide. Whatever way you cut it, the Geth killed billions of Quarian civilians, and nothing in ME2 or ME3 explains how or why they went to such an extreme. The Geth blame the war on the Quarians, the Quarians blame it on the Geth, and both are guilty of attempting genocide on the other. I don't trust either of them.

11. Hartzilla2007

Didn't flat out say that what the Geth show you is exactly what happened back in Mass Effect.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Finished the game last night! I liked the ending, I don't see the big deal about it. One thing I absolutely hated were the slow motion walking sequences though. That was more tedious than mineral scanning! :p

13. Camren

I didn't like the ending because it's dumb and there is really no closure to the characters and to the series. But the reaction from a lot of fans has been totally ott. I visited the Bioware forums and the people on there have been going absolutely ape shit.
    At the end of the day, it's only a game and it's up to the developers of the game how to end it.

14. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

The longer this drags on, and the more I think about my feelings towards Mass Effect, the more I feel that I can not play the series again. I am thinking of selling the series at Gamestop, and using the money towards paying for the game The Witcher 2. I hear this is an exceptional RPG.

15. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Series? What series? There's only one Mass Effect game.

16. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

I feel there are three Mass Effect games, and, that together, form a series.

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Actually there are five, but who's counting?

Well to be fair, when the entire population of a species is actively tring to wipe you out and the only way to defend yourself is to wipe them out first then yes, I think under those conditions self defence does cover genocide. Especially when the other race are the aggressors. The Geth didn't go after the quarians, the quarians went after them.

As for the scale of casualties back during the Morning War, if the quarians kept trying to kill the geth and the geth kept fighting back, sooner or later one side or the other must either surrender or run. The geth probably correctly presumed that had they run, then the quarians and the other council races would hunt them down. So they stood their ground. The rest is just attrition.

On another note, I wonder what earth shattering ME related news will be announced tomorrow...I mean it's April 1st, so someone is going to try something silly. Maybe Bioware will announce the new "fixed" ending.
    You know, with the pink energy wave they originally planned on. :p

18. TheGodBen

Bioware is ahead of the jokes on this one. ;)

In other news, Minecraft's creator, Notch, has revealed his next game; Mars Effect

19. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. ;)

20. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Especially when part 3 is regarded as "The perfect jumping in point!" for new players.

:confused:

Sometimes they'll treat it as a series with the genophage and Geth/Quarian missions, sometimes they'll make it so self-contained that your Shepard will spit out sentences that go completely out of character.