Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but then you're lumbered with Kaiden and who wants that? ;)

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Well, you want that, since you can't romance Ash if you play the correct Shepard - so she might as well die a hero ;)

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I have to admit, not letting Kaiden die never even occurred to me in either playthrough. Besides, having Ash around for my Femshep means I didn't have to have one of those tiresome "jealous rival lovers" conversations like my Maleshep had to deal with. ;)

Plus there's a chance that a femshep may have to go up against Ash in ME3 since if it was Kaiden on Horizon (and they'd bopped) then said individual would be more likely to turn to your side in any theoretical face to face in the third game.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Downloading Lair of the Shadow Broker right now. 1.52 GB! :eek:

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Interesting theory :techman: I still would have liked Ash to swing that way for my FemShep, though :lol:

Dang, I'll have to get on it then :eek:

Edit: Download finished, I'll start a new playthrough as a full Renegade MaleShep - gonna take some patience, but I'm going to take my sweet time with this DLC :techman:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  6. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

IGN did a story about some stats collected.

80% played male. Bleah. :lol:

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^
    1. Bleah indeed.
    2. Most played male and used face customization? WTF?
    3. 50% didn't even finish? Okay, shouldn't really be surprised there, I know some statistics from WoW where 70% of trials don't make it past level 10.
    4. 66 hours in a single playthrough? That's nothing! :D
    5. 28 playthroughs? Okay, that's hardcore. I don't even think I had 20 playthroughs in ME1 :eek:

8. Skywalker

No surprise Soldier is the most-played class by far. Most players probably just went with the default Shepard.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ That's what threw me off about the facial customization stats, I would have imagined most going with the default MaleShep appearance, instead, 80% customized?! :wtf:

10. Skywalker

I guess people like looking at ugly Shepards for 50 hours. :lol:

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

On the upside, 50% of them don't have to as they don't even make it through one playthrough :lol:

Amateurs.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I think their servers have crashed or something. I downloaded the new DLC but the exe didn't want to install (corrupt/incomplete?), so I went back to the bioware site to re-download and the link on my entitlements list now just has a pair of dashes.

Actually I had to reload the page about 5 times just to get on the site as I kept getting server timeout messages. Don't think it's my connection as everything else is working fine.
    Well I played male, but I also played female first, so it's not like only 20% of people played as a femshep. I wonder how wide the overall gap actually is. I reckon she's in the 60 - 70% range.

13. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Heh. I've played both, of course.

I'm halfway through "Lair of the Shadow Broker" so far, taking a little break since I've spent an hour on it already. Liara definitely isn't too happy with my Shephard.

"You were dead!" "But I came back!" "Yes, you came back. But now you'd rather spend time with Miss Lawson and her low-cut jumpsuit!"

14. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

^ So Liara has some extra dialogue if your Shepard romanced her?

I have a Shepard who dumped her for bucket-head. Might have to load him up to see what happens.

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, though Liara shut the conversation down pretty quickly after that, so it's the only acknowledgment so far. Still have the actual assault on the Shadow Broker, though, so I'm hoping for a continuation of the conversation once that's out of the way.

This is gonna be a heck of a day for BioWare romances for me, if I have time to play through Dragon Age: Origins's "Witch Hunt" DLC tonight. My hero in DAO romanced Morrigan and went through with her plan right before the final battle, so I'm also really interested to see what comes out of that.

16. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lots of people like to play as themselves in games like this. I know that my brother made his first character to look like himself, and played him as himself. In contrast, I didn't want to play as myself, and I didn't want to play as the default guy, so I went for a skinny Sisko look.

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^I've heard that and I've never really understood the compulsion. Let's set aside for a second the ridiculous image of my head stuck on top of the Adonis physique of the average video game character; I just don't get people that indulge in the particular brand of escapism that makes them want to imagine themselves inside the story. For me, half the point of roleplaying games in general is creating a new character, not dressing up a digital doppelgänger in funny sci-fi or fantasy clothes.

18. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Ugh and I have work this weekend. So much Bioware DLC to play, so little time :(

19. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't understand it either, but that's partly because if I was to roleplay myself into Mass Effect, I'd be too lazy/scared to go on any of the missions. But my brother says that he played through the game twice, and both times he played as himself, which means that he probably made the same decisions.

When I created my first character, I intentionally made him black because I wanted him to look nothing like me, then I hit onto the idea of making him look a bit like Sisko. Then I named him Benedict, because I thought that would be mildly humorous. The second time I played through, I made a female character intended to be completely unlike Benedict, that way I could make the opposite decisions to see how they played out.

20. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

That's what multiple play throughs are for. :D

I did my first game as myself (though I did use the default appearance). I approached my choices in the dialogue as if it were me. This helped with immersion with the storyline and really drew me. Then I played my Femshep as a complete badass. And so on.