Marvel/Netflix Daredevil Season 1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I really feel like trying to spot some of the filming.

3. Turtletrekker

4. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^^
    Ah, she was Jinx. Pretty good pic to use, her in the red and all.

I'm waiting on that first spy photo of Berenthal on set. I'm wondering how "in costume" he'll be though. It took the whole show for us to get DD in costume so I kinda expect to see Frank in fatigues and street clothes. Maybe they'll surprise us though.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Well, the Punisher's "costume" is basically just a black shirt with a skull pattern, isn't it? Not that fanciful.

A better question is what Elektra will wear. I trust they'll give her something more practical than her skimpy comics outfit.

7. Captain Craig

The Punisher has at times used grease paint on a black Tee when he needed to, for whatever reason he found himself in that situation. However, his first costume was a full neck to wrists & ankels kevlar body jumpsuit. Future iterations would be just a kevlar torso. On rarer occasions he's used kevlar skull painted motorcycle helmets or a skull mask as recently as the current run. So, no he's not "just a black shirt". He could be for this iteration but lack of kevlar is poor planning and Frank...he's a planner. Batman would be proud of him on that front.

And yeah, I highly suspect Elektra will be in something more practical. Heck, even the Jennifer Garner movie had her in something more reasonable than the flowing ninja robes of the comics.

8. Christopher

^Well, you can wear a Kevlar vest under a shirt, can't you? I wasn't saying it was the only thing he had on, just that it was an outfit that wouldn't be too implausible for the "naturalistic" style of the show.

9. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Ah, so the almost WW has been cast as another Greek warrior superhero. Awesome possum. She does look good in red.

[​IMG]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=115&v=jIoGFoSS9xA[/yt]

10. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

11. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

So Daredevil s2 is filming the same time as Civil War?...

It's not gonna surprise me if it doesn't happen, but if they can't find a way to at least have teeny tiny cameo for him in the otherwise superhero filled movie then it'll be a bit of a let down to me. What's the point of having the show be in the MCU if you're not gonna do things like that

12. Turtletrekker

Well, they may be filming at the same time, but one production is in Atlanta and the other is in NYC.

13. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Idk, I think the jury is still out on whether any of the tv characters will make appearances in the movies. I believe Feige said, there is no plans to cross them over yet. So they're kind of in the same limbo as Agents of SHIELD.

14. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I suspect he's a lot closer to the MAX version - so combat trousers, plus t-shirt plus trench coat - I really doubt we will see the cheesy (on-screen) white gloves and booties...

15. Ethros

Ah ok. Well it would still be cool to just have a tiny cameo as I say, just something like Matt watching on TV Spider-Man unveiling himself or whatever (kinda like the shots near the end of Days of Future Past of Quicksilver, Toad etc watching Magneto's broadcast)

16. Christopher

The point is to draw more attention to the TV shows by giving them tie-ins to the hugely popular movies. The movies don't need any help from the shows.

This is the way it usually works when one work in a shared universe is far more popular and successful than the other. For instance, when Xena: Warrior Princess became a much bigger hit than its parent show Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, you saw guest apparances by Xena characters on Hercules a lot more often than the reverse, because an appearance by the more popular characters would give the less popular show a ratings boost.

17. Captain Craig

Agreed, no doubt. As much fun as that original jumpsuit costume was it doesn't fit and wouldn't work. It's dated but it it's fun when I re-read those 80's issues all the same!

18. Ethros

True. But yeah the movies don't need the help from the shows, but maybe what would happen all the masses who see the movie might see Daredevil for a second in it (or Coulson and his team, whoever) and be like "hm those guys look cool, I enjoyed this movie, so maybe I should give that show a watch." And then that could help ratings for the show/s

Ha, anyway I just wanna see it purely for fanboy purposes :)

19. Christopher

But that's not the responsibility of the people making the movies. They're extremely busy with their own projects and don't have much incentive to adjust their plans to accommodate the TV people. After all, the TV shows bring the corporation less profit than the films do, and that makes them a lower priority. It's simply not a symmetrical relationship.

Then again, I gather that the TV actors have contracts making them available for potential movie appearances, if the movie people should prove interested in using them. So it could happen. But it'll probably only happen if it serves the needs of the movie in question.

20. Turtletrekker

Feige may not have any current plans (that he is willing to share), but has said that he thinks that it will happen eventually.