Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

18.0%
  2. A

36.1%
  3. A-

13.1%
  4. B+

7.4%
  5. B

14.8%
  6. B-

2.5%
  7. C+

2.5%
  8. C

2.5%
  9. C-

1.6%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1.6%
  1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sooooo ONE episode of Orphan Black? Was it one where more than one clone is in the same scene?

If you saw the episode with Tony, i could see why you could have written her off. But really, just one episode won't give you an accurate sense of her acting... especially if not contrasted between the different characters? ANd Sarah Manning might be be the "blandest" of the characters, so she by herself wouldn't be the best measure of Tatiana's acting.

This would be like measuring CHadwick Boseman's acting by one movie. Even the bad movie Gods of Egypt...when you contrast his acting their with other movies, you can see how deep his range is. But juding it just by God's of Eygpt, you would have a different assessment

The Nth Doctor and Anwar like this.
  2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Natalie Portman sucked in The Phantom Menace so therefore she's a crappy actor who should never embarrass herself by stepping foot in front of a camera ever again.

Anwar likes this.
  3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Phew. Thanks for pointing that out. Who knows, she might have been casted as Thor in the next movie. Dodged a bullet there.

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Honestly, after rewatching it recently, she was one of the few good things about the movie. Attack of the Clones on the other hand (but that wasn't her fault).

But your larger point is dead on.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pickle Rick is one of the most popular and acclaimed episodes of the entire series. It won the show both an Annie and Emmy. And judging by the amount of Pickle Rick figures, Funko Pops, shirts, ect. I've seen, it appears to have been very popular with the fans too.
    While Gao only had the one writing credit, she was the story editor for part of that season, and after that she was the executive producer and writer for a streaming show called Take My Wife, and she also wrote her own pilot that wasn't picked up.

If you don't want to watch Orphan Black and want to give her another shot, Perry Mason seemed to get a pretty good reception, and I've been enjoying Heartland and would wholeheartedly recommend it. She doesn't show up until the second season, but it's good enough that going through the first season to get to her isn't a problem.
    And since you brought the different opinions again, I'm just going to say once again, that it is not your opinions that bothers people, it's the attitude you take, and the way you say it that bothers people. I really do think it would be a good idea for you to try toning down how nasty you get about stuff. If you were just nicer about it, people wouldn't have much of a problem with what you're saying.

It looks like Marvel is going to have a lot to brag about when they start promoting The Eternals. It's director Chloe Zhao has become the first woman to ever win the Palm Springs International Film Festival's Director of the Year Award for her new movie Nomadland, and the movie has already gotten big awards at the Venice and Toronto Film festivals, and is expected to take away the big Oscars this year too.

fireproof78 likes this.
  6. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I felt so sorry for her in Attack of the Clones.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  7. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Commodore Commodore

At least she got paid. I felt more sorry for myself for paying money to watch it

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

More and more rumors about actors from other Spider-Man movies showing up in Homecoming 3 keep popping up. So I was wondering, which cast members do we know for sure are definitely going to be in the movie?

9. Turtletrekker

I don't believe that Marvel has yet to make a single formal announcement on the subject.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Captaindemotion likes this.
  12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I noticed the one quote said shows, plural, so it sounds like we might be getting multiple shows from Coogler. I wonder if they'll all be based around Wakanda or if he'll expand his focus to other parts of the universe?

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

My reading of it was that he’s developing multiple shows, the first one of which is set in Wakanda. It’s possible that others will, but the impression I got from the report - which is admittedly sparse in detail - was that only one is confirmed to be set there. I suspect Coogler has other projects he’d like to develop for tv.

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

New series chronicling the first Starbucks employees in Wakanda!

16. The Nth Doctor

Very exciting news! I'm curious to see Wakanda expanded tenfold however the focus might be (I wouldn't be surprised if it's set in the past).

Yeah, my take on that report is he's doing multiple shows for Disney+ but only one of them is known to feature Wakanda (or the MCU at all). I wouldn't be surprised if the other show or shows will be outside of the MCU.

17. Turtletrekker

He said right in the article that he'll be working on "select MCU shows". Plural.

18. The Nth Doctor

Ah, you're right. I missed that part in his statement.

19. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I kinda expected Hot Thor to be back.
    With the comment on Quill getting a bit chubby during Infinity War, I would really love a scene in the beginning of the both of them working out, getting in shape. But not as buddies, as a competition to see who's better at working out. Still the competition between both.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anybody got ideas for what characters he could be a good fit for besides the Black Panther cast?