Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

I just read about this on io9. I'd heard about the stuff happening in the last few issues so it's not a surprise, but it will be interesting to see where they go with it and how long it lasts.

2. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe it'll undo OMD.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That is what I've been wondering about...how will this affect the spell and the deal? I also still don't rule out that golden octobot. To me that is the key, and possibly the backdoor plot that people have been mentioning.

Daredevil #21 tomorrow will be of interest...since it will be the first actual Marvel Universe appearance of Superior Spider-Man. Should be interesting to find out if Matt will figure out who he is or not ;)

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I received both ASM #700 and Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 today. I've read the main story in ASM, and all of Avenging.

Avenging will be essential reading. It's the next week after ASM.

ASM is interesting. As someone who doesn't read Marvel regularly, I even enjoyed it.

It sets up some interesting possibilities for the future. While the "outs" to the storyline are blindingly obvious, I can also see this as a multi-year status quo.

5. Admiral_Young

Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 comes out on Boxing Day (Dec 26) as does Amazing Spider-Man #700 as they're the only two issues Marvel is releasing next Wed. Indeed. Avenging is the "bridging" issue that fills in the gap between 700 and Superior Spider-Man #1.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've just finished reading the last 38 issues of amazing Spider-Man, so i could understand and care about what you fine people have been talking about for the last page and a half.

Meh?

I really liked the Intelligencia vs. The Sinister Six.

Pete should have let Silver Sable take a run at him. That was weird, he didn't even realise that he was rejecting her... All for the whiff of a future possible relationship with Mary-Jane maybe.

Idjit.

And having just finished Amazing Spider-Man 700, well... That was different.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  7. Admiral_Young

Thunderbolts #2: I continue to enjoy this, and for those of you who wanted things explained in the first issue, we get some explanation in this issue (as I expected we would) including the reveal of who the team's mysterious last member is. We see the team go after their first target as well.

FF#2: The difference between this and Fraction's "Fantastic Four" is night and day. This book is so much better, and seems to retain the fun that it had when Hickman was writing it. The dynamic between the replacement Fantastic Four and the Future Foundation kids is very interesting and their dealing with the Mole Man was interesting as well. I'll be sticking with this while I dropped "Fantastic Four". Also I love Mike Aldred's art in this book. It compliments the fun and zany style Fraction is going for.

Indestructible Hulk #2: This is my favourite Marvel Now book, followed by Hickman's "Avengers" and Remember's "Captain America". Mark Waid is perfect for this book as he was for "Daredevil" and his new motivation and goals for Banner work perfectly. Lenil Yu whose art I've never been the biggest fan of before, is doing tremendous work in this book. His Maria Hill looks absolutely beautiful at times. I enjoyed the banter between Banner and Stark in this issue. Obviously this book was pretty much inspired by the "Avengers" movie.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  8. Admiral_Young

I've given my thoughts already on Amazing Spider-Man #700 in that thread, but I thought it was beautifully written and am fascinated where this story goes. Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 was excellent as well and bridges the gap between 700 and Superior Spider-Man #1.

Avengers...Hickman is writing his typical heavy stuff, it is kind of going over my head and I've still not yet fully digested the first two issues. I am liking the art work though. Really looking forward to New Avengers next month. Really enjoyed Captain America #2 as well. Interesting in seeing where this story goes. I am on the verge of dropping All New X-Men after the conclusion of the opening arc next week. I have given this a chance and don't really like Bendis characterization at all. It isn't the disaster that I thought it would be, but I also don't get all the love it's getting either. Stuart Immonen's beautiful art is probably the best thing about the book.

9. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

One of my favorite things about Avenging #15.1 is how Ock spends so much of the issue crowing about having finally "won" - yet the entire time we're seeing plenty of signs that, just as in the closing pages of Amazing #700, Peter's memories and experiences are still having strong influences on the body. I'll be looking forward to the moment when he realizes that he still is on the losing side, even if Peter-proper is stuck inside a golden Octobot.

You're not the victor if a re-upload of the body's original memories are causing you to decide to become a reluctant (anti)-hero, Ock! :p

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Amazing #700 was garbage. Ock Spidey trying to get with Mary Jane...fucking creepy. i feel like the people at Marvel are laughing at us, saying 'Happy Anniversary...SUCKERS!'

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Avengers 2 is out? I didn't even go to the comic book store this week because I thought Marvel was only releasing spider-books.

12. Admiral_Young

Avengers #2 came out last week. It's a bi-monthly book. I disagree with you Praetor Shinzon big time. I don't feel like Marvel is laughing at us at all. I know we disagree with each other so I won't bother expanding my thoughts but it wasn't at all "garbage". It very well could be if say Joe Q had written it.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I wasn't impressed either. Felt creepy weird at times, like Hefner in a new body or something.

14. Admiral_Young

That's precisely the feeling we're supposed to have. It is creepy and weird that Otto is in Peter's body and taken over his life, while also the same time forced to be a hero as well, not exactly the original plan he had in mind :)

15. Guy Gardener

what the hell is with the Christmas schedule?

DC is releasing 3 comics and marvel is just unloading Spider-man 700, and amazing fantasy 15.1 again!

It's a good thing that most of the comic shops are shut for the holidays.

16. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Technically NO new comics shipped this week. These were shipped last week so shops would have something new to put on the shelves for Christmas week.

17. Guy Gardener

Yes, last week was huge.

I am still working through.

But what comic shop would have the self restraint to split the order and withhold from their customers?

That's some cold and manipulative shit.

18. Admiral_Young

I think this is the first time in a few years where we didn't get any What If's from Marvel, I believe they had used that last week of December previously to do that right?

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What If they didn't make a What If this year? That's the What If ;)

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

What if Doc Ock and Spidey switched bodies?